Chapter 38

Rose

I woke up on a comfy bed and yet again I'm hooked up to machines but I'm in my room.

"Figured you don't want to go back to the hospital and so I told them to take care of you here,for your own comfortness." Said Lissa.

"You know,I really want to say you shouldn't have done that but thank God,I really don't want to stay there anymore.It's depressing.And hey! I can talk!" I noticed that Dimitri isn't here nor is Sydney.

"He went out for some meeting." Lissa said,knowing that I was wondering about him.

"And Sydney? I didn't scared her away right?"

"No." She chuckled softly."She went with Dimitri.They'll be back soon."

"Who's Dimitri's meeting with and why did Sydney had to come with him..she's an alchemist."

"You'll find out in a couple of minutes."

I took in a deep breath,trying to control myself from prying.Besides,I only have to wait for a couple of minutes.

"Where is he?" I need to know."Because there's something in my guts that feels like he's going to do or did do something that I very much won't like."

"He's not..." She mumbled.He definitely is!

Dimitri came in just in time.

"Hey love," He smile sweetly at me."You're feeling better?"

"Yes I am." He pressed a soft kiss on my temple."Dimitri what are you up to?" I asked,staring at him.

"Nothing.." He sighed.

"I'll leave you two to talk." Lissa said then left.

"Dimitri,tell me." I said with much stronger voice.

He pursed his lips,looking at his hands,then nodded and sighed."Wait.." He got up then went out but then came back seconds later with Ashley and Josh and even Ben."Tell her."

(Mayfly,Tank and Zombie.)

I was about to speak but Ashley cuts me off.

"Before you shout at us for not following your orders,just know that we did what we did for your sake."

"I'm not going to shout at you.I don't have the energy to do so."

"Well at least you look better than last we saw you." Tank said with a small smile.

"I do?" I asked,turning my gaze to Dimitri.He smiled and nodded."Huh...so,what brings you back here?"

"Well,we did some 'asking' around in Scotland and none of them would open up except one.He didn't tell much,all he said was to find a Strigoi named Sergei in German.And so we went there,just about a week ago,Dimi- I mean Guardian Belikov even came with us because he said he knows the lots of Strigoi there." Ben said for the first time.

"What?!" I shot up in bed and a pang of pain hit me right in the chest."Dimitri came with you? How did I not know this?" I said in between breathes.

"Rose,lay down,come on." Dimitri said pushing me back down,I pushed his hands away.

"No." I said sternly."Tell me." I said with a much calmer tone.

"Okay." Dimitri sighed,running his fingers through his hair."You've been out for almost 3 weeks.Sydney said you should've been dead when you went unconscious.But thank God,you didn't.You're somehow fighting this poison inside of you with your will.I know that sounds ridiculous but you are.And this Sergei is a coward.When we went to interrogate the Strigois in German,they said he ran away to Russia.And we are on our way there.I was just saying goodbye to you but you woke up.I didn't mean that in a bad away.I just want you to wake up,heal." He then sat back down."I'm sorry." He whispered.

I placed my hand softly on his cheek."You'd still go even if I said no?" He nodded."And you wouldn't let me come would you?"

"Not a chance." He grin.

"We need to take off if we want to be there on time." Ashley said.

"You guys go first.I'll be there in a minute."

"Not before you give me hug." I said,they laughed softly.I hug all three of them.

"Sydney is going to be taking care of you.You need her." I nodded.

"Okay." He leans down and kissed me softly on the lips."You're their Sarge now,please take care of them.Take care if yourself too.Be safe." He smiled then kissed me again.

"You too Roza.Don't go anywhere while I'm gone."

"I'll be here,waiting for you to come back."