Chapter 18

Rose

A month passed by and me and Skylar and Zander too grown closer and Lissa's bump getting bigger.I see them as my best friends now because i'm just a few years older than them.But they still respect me and Dimitri as a guardian.

"So,Rose.You've never tell me about how you ended up with Dimitri." She smirked playfully.We were just finishing up our training session.

"I'm sure you don't want to hear about it." I shook my head with a half smile on my face.I sat down on the mat,she sat in front of me.

"Oh,come on!" She pushed."I told you my story.I opened up to you." It's true,she did just after a few days i knew her.Her story is sad really.Her mom got killed by a strigoi right in front of her and her dad got turned because the strigoi thought that he's worthy.All that happened when she was 6 years old.I felt bad for her really.I still have my parents even though we're not that close."It's time for you to open up to me."

"Fine." I sighed."So,me and the queen,Lissa was on the run.You know about that right?" She nodded."Dimitri found us in Portland and brought us back here.Kirova almost expelled me but Dimitri persuaded her to let me stay and a little bit of Lissa's compulsion." She smiled,knowingly."Dimitri kinda' volunteered to be my mentor.And as days goes by,i realized i have a small crush on him.Or so i thought." She laughed,i smiled."He once caught me making out with Jesse Zeklos." I chuckled.

"Jesse Zeklos?" I nodded."No surprise there,really." 

"Yeah,that happened.Then rumours started the next day," I sighed."Rumours said i slept with Jesse and Ralf and i let them fed from me." She made a disgusted face.I rolled my eyes.

"This academy haven't changed at all." She said,narrowing her eyes.

"Then on the night of Equinox Dance,Lissa got kidnapped by Victor Dashkov.I was wearing the necklace that Victor Dashkov gave to me.Turns out he put a lust charm on it." She gasped."The necklace took me to Dimitri.We almost had sex that night,but thankfully we didn't.We rescued Lissa and captured Victor.Victor requested to see me because he said he wants to tell me about the shadow kissed thing and so,i went to see him.He told me that the necklace wouldn't have worked if Dimitri and i don't have feelings for each other,but obviously we do.You know about Natalie Dashkov right?" She nodded again."Well,she came in and we fought and she almost turned me when Dimitri came in and killed her.He brought me to the infirmary.While i was in his arms with little consciousness,i asked him that if he has feelings for me honestly.And he does." I smiled to myself."Then,there's whole Arthur Schoenberg incident.I was there with Dimitri.Art was supposed to be my qualifier.Then i met Tasha Ozera,Christian's aunt.She was Dimitri's old friend.She asked for him to be her guardian and at first,i hate the thought of Dimitri leaving me but after awhile,i told him to take it.Then the whole kidnapped thing happen in Spokane and 1 boy died.He was my bestfriend.Mason,his name is Mason Ashford.After we returned back to the academy,Dimitri told me that he declined Tasha's offer.He told me he wants to be with me and i was happy,really happy.Oh yeah,then the Mana thing."

"Jesse Zeklos did that right?" She asked.I nodded.

"Well,he was torturing Lissa and then Lissa attacked him back because of the spirit darkness and since i'm shadow kissed,i can pull it out from her and put it into me.That's exactly what i did.I was full with darkness and Dimitri took me away to the old cabin to calm me down and he did." I'm skipping the love part."Right then,the strigoi broke into the academy.And you know about me and Christian."

"The whole moroi and dhampir knows about that." She rolled her eyes.

"Anyway,the strigoi took some of the students away including Guardian Castille,my friend.So,we went on a rescue mission and that's where Dimitri got turned." I shuddered at the memory."I dropped out just to kill him so i can free him but i failed." Skipping that part too."I returned back to the academy and found out about how to turn a strigoi back into whatever they are before.Lissa accomplished that.Dimitri had been avoiding me after that.He only talks to Lissa.I was a stubborn girl back then.Still is.I kept trying to talk to him but he kept pushing me away.And one day,in the chapel,he told me- "

"Love fades.Mine has." Interrupted Dimitri.

"Hey." I greeted him softly.He sat beside me and kissed my cheek.Zander came into view and sat beside Skylar.

"You're telling her our story?" He arched an eyebrow.

"She asked for it." I said simply.

"Dimitri told me only a little about you guys." Said Zander."I- " Skylar cut him off.

"You idiot!" She said to Dimitri."How could you say that to Rose?!" She slapped Dimitri's knee.

"I know.And as soon as i said those words,i regret it.She ran out of the chapel and i ran after her,leaving my guards behind.Then a strigoi attacked me,i don't have a stake that time because i can't.Rose came in and saved me and injured herself.We made up at the infirmary.And yeah,that's it." I lay my head on his shoulder.

"Wow.You guys came a long way." Said Skylar."When did you guys first,you know do 'it'?" She asked awkwardly.

"You know usually when people asked me that,they'll probably get a broken nose.But since you're my student,friend..i'll tell you." I looked at Dimitri and he nodded."Okay.Remember when i said he took me to the old cabin to calm me down?"

"Yeah." She said slowly.

I bit my lip."Yeah.That's the first." Zander and Skylar jaws dropped.

"You were like what- 17 back then!" Zander said.

"Yeah.And i don't regret it one bit." I kissed Dimitri's cheek.

"You know,it's kinda' gross to see both of your mentors all over each other.." Skylar said with a ridiculous face."And sweet." She added.

I picked up my duffel bag."Can't help it.You're coming for dinner right?"

"Yeah.See you guys." She said then left with Zander.

So,what do you think of Skylar and Zander? Hope you enjoy this.Vote and comment.Thanks for reading and i love you guys. ~Mariam ツ