Chapter 20

Rose's POV

Strigoi attacks has been increasing these past few days.I'm getting worried.I instructed for the academy to be extra guarded since the queen is here.And better yet,she's pregnant.I almost felt bad for Christian- almost.Lissa has been quite cranky since she's pregnant.And also she's taking pills,so that she can't use Spirit even when she wants to.It's driving her crazy.I pull the darkness as much as i could from her.It's risky but it's for her own safety.

"Rose,you alright?" Asked Skylar.She's staring at me."You seem a little off."

"Huh? Oh,it's nothing.I'm just worried." I sigh.

"About the Strigoi attacks?" How did she know? I nodded.There's no point lying to her."You- " Zander cut her off.He seems to be doing that a lot lately.

"'Sup Sky-ky?" He wore his lopsided smile trademark.

Skylar cringed."What'd you called me?"

"Sky-ky." He said simply.

"Okay first,that's a terrible nickname.Second,if you ever call me that again,i'll kick your ass." She warns.

"Pretty sure she could beat you in a fight Zander." I smirk playfully.

"Then,why don't we see for ourselves." Suggested Dimitri.

"Let's go Zandie," Said Skylar,smirking.

They went to spar on the mat.

"Don't hold back." Said Skylar,still smirking.

"I won't." Said Zander,smiling ruefully.

They took their fighting stance.And they're teasing each other.

Dimitri clapsed his hands."Come on guys,stop teasing each other."

Skylar went to make the first move.She tried to punch him on the face but he ducked fast.Then Zander tried to punch her but she got a hold of his arm then flipped him.That earned a groan from him and a laugh from me.The fight went on for another 5 minutes.Yeah,we trained them good.In the end,Skylar won.My face was full of pride.

"I told you i'd kick your ass." I high fived her.

"Nice job Sky." I complimented her.

"It's just luck." Zander muttered.

"Sure it was buddy," Skylar slapped his shoulder playfully.

"You guys did good.Great actually." Said Dimitri as he handed them their water bottles.

Then Guardian Crevan came through the gym door.

"Guardian Hathaway,Guardian Petrov wants to see you in her office." His face is blank.

I kissed Dimitri's cheek."I'll see you later."

I walked fast to Alberta's office.I wonder what she wants.I came through her office without a knock.

"Oh,Rose.Take a seat." I did and realized that Hans is in here too.

"What's this about?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Strigoi.Me and a few others decided that we have to form an Elite team to take down most of the strigoi and we thought you'd be the perfect leader."He said,straight to the point."Look i know you're the queen's head guardian but we need you and no.Guardian Belikov is not- cannot be in this Elite team because his charge is Lord Ozera and Lord Ozera only has one guardian.He cannot abandon his charge."

I thought about it for a while.This could less the threat for Liss.They come first.

"I'll do it." I saw Alberta's eyes grew sad."When will i leave?"

"In 20 minutes.You'll be away for 4 months.You'll train with 19 other guardians for 2 weeks than you'll start hunting.And these guardians are best of the best.Now,go pack up your things and meet me at the front gate." With that i left.

I went to pack up my few things then quickly went to Lissa's room to say goodbye.

"Guys,i'm leaving in 10 minutes." Their eyes widened.

"What?" Said Dimitri."To where?"

"Alberta called me earlier because Hans wanted to talk to me.I'm gonna be the leader of an Elite team.I'm leaving for 4 months.But i- i'll be back." Maybe.

Lissa started to cry and Christian started to comfort her.

"But they can't! You're my head guardian!" I hugged her and she cried harder.

"They need me Liss,but i'll try to get back." She let go and sobs harder."I gotta go,Hans waiting for me.And you'll be fine.I promise." She hugs me once again.Christian hugs me too.After that i left with Dimitri.

"Why can't i be in it?" Asked Dimitri."I need to be there to protect you."

"Dimitri,you can't.You have a charge.And it's Christian,the queen's boyfriend.And i don't need to be protected.You know me,i can handle it." He sighs then placed his hand on my cheek.

"But i just got you back.Roza,please don't go.We need you here,safe.I need you here." I kiss him sweetly on the lips.

"It's only for 4 months.I'll try to get back." He grabbed my hands.

"No.You will get back.You will." His eyes are watery.

"I will." I hope.I kissed him again but this time longer.And i could taste his tear.I wiped it away."I'll see you soon." I started to walk away,but he grabbed my hand then pulled me back to him.He slammed his lips on mine.

"Please come back to me." He whispers.I hug him.I know some students are watching but i didn't care.

"I will." I kissed his cheek."I will."

I smiled at him one last time."I love you."

"I love you Roza.Please come back."I nodded then left.

I realized my eyes are watery I blinked to make it gone but it won't.A tear slid down my cheek and i wiped it away.I'm not sure if i'm coming back.I hope i will.No.You will come back.For Dimitri,Lissa,Christian and for everyone you love.

"Guardian Hathaway.You're ready?" Hans asked as i got to the front gate.

"Yeah.Let's go." This is gonna be a long 4 months.

I'm sorry this chapter is kinda' boring.I don't know why but i've been writing boring chapters lately.Maybe i'm just not in the mood.Anyway vote and comment as usual.Thanks for reading. ~Mariam ツ