Chapter 24

Rose

It felt so great to be back at Court.And i'm so glad that now they know my team.They're getting along so well.Comfy bed,delicious foods,nice weather.Being with the people i love.I'm currently laying on my queen sized bed,resting.I told Liss that i can work as her head guardian for as long as i'm here but she won't let me.She told me to just relax and enjoy the week off.Then someone knocks on my door a couple times,cutting my thoughts.I got up lazily and went to open the door and it reveals,Dimitri.And that instantly turns my mood brighter.He flashed me with his smile that can light me up whenever.

"Comrade," I greeted him,grinning."What are you doing here?"

"I told you.Lissa told- made Hans to give me 4 days off because you're here." I gestured for him to come in."Thanks to her- and Hans,i got to spend time with the one i love." I wrapped my arms around his neck.He leans down and kiss me softly on the lips.

"Good.Because i really missed spending time with you.Alone.I missed you most." I realized that this is my first alone time with Dimitri since i got back."And what do you got there Comrade?" I said,eyeing the box that he just put down on the table.He grins and pick the box up.And opened it.My mouth waters.

"Just thought i'd bring you your favourite chocolate glazed donuts." I took the box of donuts from him and sat down on the couch.Then he joins me.I could feel that he's watching me digging in the delicious donuts.

"Thanks.It's been so long since i have these.." I took another bite,sighing.He chuckled as he shook his head."What?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"You've always fascinates me Roza.And you got a little- " His thumb brushed the corner of my lips."There you go."

"Thanks Comrade." I ate the last one.

After that we talked until it's night time,,well for the Moroi world.We talked about the things i missed,what's been happening,us.And i told him about our trainings and about my team.

"Rose," He said uncertainly."How many did you- "

"Killed?" I interrupted.I started to play with my hands."A lot....Let me show you.." I sighed.Well he would know sooner or later.

I stood up and unzipped my jacket.And i let Dimitri do the rest.I feel his fingers trailed down the molnija marks.My neck is barely visible because of the marks.I killed more strigoi than other Hunters.I almost got kill in my second mission even.But i won't tell him that.

"I'm sorry.." He hugs me from behind.I leaned my head on his chest,smelling his wonderful aftershave scent that always brings me comfort."I'm sorry..you shouldn't have to carry this much burden.."

"It's my duty.And at least i know that i've set their soul free..." Although,i still have a little guilt in me.

"Yes.You did and i'm sure they're thankful for that." I could hear the smile in his voice.He kissed my head."You're so strong that's why i love you so much." That instanty brings back the memory of the cabin.I smile to myself.I turn to look at him.I look deeply into his eyes,love,proud and pain..

"You helped me.When i was going on missions,you helped me.I heard your voice in my head,telling me what to do,your trainings,your love for me.So,thank you for that."

He leans down and kisses me.It's not soft,it's rough and hungry and full of longing.I wrapped my legs around him as he picks me up and bring me to the bed.

Let's just say i- we did not get much sleep that night.

I awoke to the feeling in my stomach that i get everytime Strigoi is near.I quickly got up and got dressed while waking Dimitri up in the process.

"Roza? What is it?" He asks as he sat up.

"Strigoi.I need you to go find Lissa and Christian and make sure they're safe.I'm going to get my squad.And tell the guardians to stay silent or the Moroi will freak out and that would make the Strigoi job easier.I want them to think that they got the element of surprise." I said quickly.He's already dressed.We kissed for a short amount of time then went seperate ways.

I went to Mayfly (Ashley) and Rat's(Lily) room first then Rockhead (James) and Tank's (Josh) and then,Rocket (Riley) and X's (Castor).

They saw my face and they knew that it's something serious so they quickly switched to Hunters' mode.

"Strigoi.I could sense them.So we're going to seperate.Mayfly and Rocket you're with me.Rat you're with Tank.Rockhead you're with X.Go." I said firmly but quietly.

When we got to the right wing of Court we were surrounded with around 50 strigoi.

"You guys must be Hunters." The one with dyed blue hair stepped up."Sorry that we invade your vacation,we were just looking for..fun." He smiled cruelly.I took two steps forward with stakes in hands,glaring hard at the strigoi.

"Well you're fun isn't going to last longer because you're going to die in minutes." I said with venom dripping off each word.

"You're the Silencer,the quite killer." He smirked."I can't- " I jumped at him,not giving him a chance to finish his sentence.As i attacked,Mayfly and Rocket attacked too.

"Maybe you should just shut up." I said as i staked him.Then i moved on to another,then another,another one.another one.

The whole thing went by with a blur but i was glad to see that nobody got injured.All the Strigoi are dead.

"Come on,i need to check up on Lissa." They followed me,stakes still in hands incase there's Strigoi.I bust into the room because there were no guardians outside.They all jumped but when they realized it was me,they relax a little.

"Rose! Are you okay?!" Lissa said.Then look at my team."Are you all okay?!" No wonder,she's freaking out.We're all covered with blood.

"We're fine.The Strigoi are all dead.I'm just glad that all of you are fine." I saw Dimitri walked towards me with a reliefment then hugs me.I drink in his scent.

"You're okay.." He sighed.

"I'm fine." I chuckled."Sorry..i got blood on you."

"It's okay." He chuckled softly."Just relieved that you're safe."

"Well,you guys go clean up and when you're done meet us back here." Lissa ordered then all of us obeyed.

How the hell did the Strigoi got in?