Chapter 42

Rose

6 weeks past and unfortunately I'm still not married- but i will in a week.Thank God.We've been engaged for almost a year.And i can't wait to be called Dimitri's wife.Since i came back from the dead- again,a lot of things have changed.I'm no longer bonded with Lissa,which is quiet a relief and struggle.

"Everything is set Rose.Your wedding will be perfect." Lissa said happily.

I hugged her.

"Thanks Liss,this means so much to me." A small grin appeared on her face.

"You deserve it Rose." I nodded as she hugged me again then left.

I lay down on the couch,sighing happily.Usually this is the time where the bride starts to turns into a monster but i feel great.I feel content.I got everything that i have ever wanted.Finally.

I heard the front door opens which means Dimitri's home.

"Hey Comrade," I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his around my waist and our lips met.

"So?" He asked.

A few weeks ago,he asked if I wanted to have a child- adopted child.You know what i did when he told me that? I ran out of the room and as a result i got a sprain ankle.Stupid move,i know.I told him that i was afraid that I'm not ready and I'd be a bad mother.He gave me time to think about it and the deadline is now.

"I think..we need a child in our lives."
He grins widely and attacked me with kisses."Okay.Okay." I laughed."Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Get our child."

××××××××××××××××××

Fast forward three days.

(I had to because i don't know how the adoption thing works..oh well.)

"Mom?" Little 5 year old strawberry blond hair Sophia said."Can i have more bacon?"

"Sure honey." I ruffled her hair and kiss her on the cheek.

Then Hunter came in with a wide grin with Dimitri behind him.

We were planning to adopt only one but then i saw Sophia and i talked to her and my heart went out for her and then she showed me her brother,Hunter.Their mom,died protecting them from the Strigoi that invaded their house.

Sophia is a really nice little girl.She's always happy.Especially when she knew that we were going to adopt her and her brother.Hunter is a really nice and kind and not really a loud person.He's 12.And always protecting Sophia,which i think is really amazing for a 12 year old.Sophia calls me mom right when i told her she's going home with us.As for Hunter,he struggles but he tries.

"I beat dad at the very last minute." It's easy for him to call Dimitri dad because well..like most dhampirs,they never knew their dads.

"Beat him at what?" I asked,smiling.

"We raced home." Dimitri answered then kissed me briefly on the lips.

I placed a plate full of bacons and eggs in front of him.

"Thanks Ro-mom." He offered me a small smile."Sorry."

"It's okay.Take your time."

Dimitri smiled at me with adoration.

"And you thought you'd be a horrible mother."

I giggled and punched him playfully.

After that we all gathered around the living room and socialized.Yeah we do this everyday so we can get to know them better and them us.It actually was Hunter's idea,which is brilliant.

"Mom,dad.." Hunter started."I just wanted to say thank you so much for adopting me and Sophia because we've been turned down a lot of times and we got no one.And i had been planning that if me and Sophia were ever to get adopted,i'll take her and run away on the first night,so i can take care of her and live on our own.I had been packing my bag on the first night here but Sophia convinced me to stay put.And obviously i made the right decision."

I never knew this and obviously Dimitri didn't either.

"I'm glad you told us Hunter." Dimitri said,placing his hand on top of mine.

"I could see that both of you are good people and have went through a lot.Even though I've only been here a few days,i already felt like I'm finally home.So,thank you."

"We love you." Sophia who has been playing with my hair added.

We hugged.

"And adopting you guys are the best thing that has ever happened to us.We love you too."

Next chapter will be the last one. :( ~Mariam