Chapter 4

Rose

I woke up,feeling like i've just been hit in the head many times.I groaned.

"Roza." Said the deep,sweet,wonderful,warm voice that i know anywhere.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a pair of beautiful chocolate brown eyes staring at me.

"Dimitri.." I sighed.He quickly pulled me into a warm hug."You're okay?"

He gave me a small smile."Of course i am.How are you feeling?" His face turned worried.

"My head hurts like hell." I didn't bother lying to him because he would know.I could never lie to him.

I touched my head and notice there's a bandage wrapped around them."Lissa didn't heal me right?" I sighed.

He grinned a little."She did closed some wounds but she didn't get to fully heal you.Somehow you kept pushing her hand away."

"Oh." and as soon as i said that,Lissa and the others came bursting in.

"Oh god Rose! Are you okay?" She pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

I chuckled."Besides my head,i'm fine." I gave her a re-assuring smile.But she wasn't buying it.

"Let me heal you Rose." She pleaded.

"No,Lissa the darkness will-"

"Just please let me heal you."

I reluctantly,nodded."Fine." I sighed.

I felt the wonderful feeling of magic flow through me."Thanks." I said after she healed me.

"God,Rose can't you get a day off without getting kill." Said no other than Christian.

Adrian,Eddie and Mia hugged me and muttered 'Glad you're okay's.

"Where are we?" I said after surveying our surrounding.

"We're in a hotel far from court." said Eddie.

"It's not completely safe but it's the best we have." Dimitri said."We're still trying to figure out a safe place." he continued.

A place suddenly came to my mind."How about Russia?" All eyes were on me."We can go to Baia.There's not many strigoi there right?" i asked directly to Dimitri.

"Uh,yeah..i remembered when i was..." he stiffened.He put on his guardian mask quickly but i could still see his in pain."There weren't many Strigoi there." he nodded.

"Okay.Then,let's go to Baia,Russia." Lissa said.

"What? Like right now?" Adrian asked,raising his eyebrows.

"Yes,we can't wait any longer.Strigoi are lurking everywhere." Dimitri said.

                 ----------------------

The headache came as soon as i got into the jet.And i started seeing the ghosts.

"God! Leave me alone!" i yelled to them.

I got a hold of my father and told him we're going to Russia and he insist on sending a private jet.

Mia and Eddie looked at me like i was crazy but Lissa,Dimitri and Adrian understood.

The ghosts are really killing me.I clutched my head."Stop!"

"Lissa do something!" Dimitri said to Lissa,his voice laced with worry.

"Rose look at me." she said softly.I looked at her."Now,sleep."

I slowly drifted off to sleep.

I opened my eyes and saw-- a dead body in front of me.I gasped.

It was Lissa.There's a stake through her heart.I looked at my hands and saw blood covered it.I pulled the stake from Lissa.

"Rose stop.This isn't you." said a voice that i know so well.Dimitri.

Without wasting a second i jumped at him,ready to stake him.I did not do that.I felt like something is taking over my body and all i could do was watch.I screamed at myself to stop.But i wouldn't.I staked Dimitri.

"Dimitri!" I yelled.I was crying by now.Oh god.I just killed them.I just killed the ones that i vow to protect."Dimitri!" I cried.

"Rose! Rose! wake up!" said a voice.

I snapped my eyes open.Breathing fast.

"Dimitri.Dimitri!" I quickly pulled him into a bone-hug.

"Shh,shh.Roza it's okay.I'm here.Calm down." he said softly,stroking my hair."Breathe in,breathe out." he repeated those words to me and i follow.

I slowly relaxed.I realized that we're still on the jet and...i don't see any ghosts.

"The-the ghost..i don't see them."

"Lissa made a charm ring and put it on you so the ghosts won't be bothering you for a while." Dimitri explained.

I layed my head on his shoulder.He whispered some russian sweet-nothings to calm me down.He kissed my forehead.

After a while he finally said."We're here."

Finally.