Chapter 25

Rose  

3 hours ago,Strigoi busted into Court and thankfully not that many people acknowledge it.But all the dhampir knew it.Hans called a meeting for all the guardians in 15 minutes.Hunters might be going back.Damn it.We've only been here for 3 days.3 fucking days! Strigoi just can't give us a break.

"Rose,let's go." Mayfly said.

"Okay." I said as i grabbed my coffee.

"So,how do you think they got in?" As in they,she meant Strigoi.

"I don't know.But it's weird that they only bring 80 of them.Some escaped though." If they were going to attack Court,they might aswell bring like hundreds of them.

"Maybe they assume that they'll caught us by surprise." That's not it but i still answered-

"Maybe." I saw Dimitri walking towards me."Hey,why don't you go first,i'll catch up.I need to talk to Dimitri." She nodded understandingly then went ahead."Hey Comrade," I grin.He seemed sad and upset."What's wrong?" I asked,turning serious.He seemed reluctant to tell."Just tell me Dimitri."

"Some of the Strigoi successfully kidnapped 6 of us here,quietly.And one of them is- Skylar." I gaped.How can i not know this.

"What?!" I yelled.Some of them turn to give me suspicious looks but i ignored them."How can i not know this sooner? When did you found out? And how can we didn't notice it?!"

"Rose,calm down." He said softly."I know you're upset but don't make any reckless move.We'll talk to Hans after the meeting."

"No.I'm gonna go talk to him now." I said firmly."This can't wait.We need to do a rescue mission."

I left without waiting for his respond.Seconds later i barged into the meeting room where apparently all the guardians are already here.I walked up to Hans.

"Why didn't you tell me that some of them got kidnapped?" I asked fiercely."And one of them happened to be my student."

"What? Some of them got kidnapped?" A guardian- Guardian Romanov said with a surprise tone.

"Why didn't you tell all of us?" I asked,my voice getting louder.

"Rose," Dimitri said with a calm tone then touched my shoulder gently."Calm down." I take in a deep breath then release it then i finally back away a little.Hans sighed a little.

"I tend to tell all of you here.But now you know."

"You should've told me as soon as you found out since of them happen to be my student."

"How many got kidnapped?" Asked Eddie.Apparently,he doesn't know it too.

"6.4 dhampir including 2 students at St.Vlads and 2 Moroi,both students,here."

"We need to organize a rescue mission.They're students there.We can't just do nothing about it!"

Everyone nodded to back me up.

"Okay then." He said with a sigh.

We found out that the Strigoi might be hiding in an abandoned house about 10 kilometres away from here.They left when the sun was about to go up so they couldn't go any further.There's a 50 percent chance that they're still alive.30 guardians are going for the rescue mission,including me and Dimitri.All of my squad are coming too.We'll leave in 30 minutes.

"I want you guys to bring the guns that we got from our first mission and some knives.And of course stakes.I want you guys to be fully packed.This is another mission." I said to my squad.

"Yes Sarge!" They said.

As i was walking to the car,Zander ran up to me.

"I want to come with you.I know Skylar is one of them who got kidnapped.You know what i'm capable of.Just please,let me come." He begged.

"Zander,sorry but i can't let you.I can't risk another student gets in danger.Look,i promise you i'll bring her back.Alive.All you can do is wait for us.I'll get her back." I pulled him into a hug."Okay?"

"Okay." He sighed."And Rose," I was about to walk away but then i stopped and turn to look at him."Please be careful." I gave him a sincere smile then walked away and Dimitri fell into steps with me.

"Rose you know that's a dangerous promise to make." He said with a low voice.

"So you heard?" I sighed."I know but i stay true to my words.I'll get her back.Alive.Skylar is someone whom i cared about alot.You know that."

"Yes,i do.Just keep your eyes open." He let down his guardian mask and i saw fear and pain in his eyes.

"You too." The last time when we went for a rescue mission together,things turns out bad.He got turned,saving me.I latched my hand with his and together we walked to the car.