Chapter 26

Rose 

We found the abandoned house soon enough.It was so obvious.Because all the windows are tinted and have the curtains covering it.We divide into 3 groups.We got 2 groups that'll go in and the other one will wait out here.And if we don't come out in the next 20 minutes,they'll go in.I'm with my squad,that's one group.Dimitri's in the other group.I tried to convince them that my squad and I can handle it but they won't let us.

"Let me and my squad go in first.Then you guys'll come in after 10 minutes." I said,more like ordered.

"Okay," Hans said reluctantly."10 minutes." I nod.

"Stay together." I instructed.

"Yes Sarge." They said.

We all know that the Strigoi already know that we're here.They should've smelled us 2 miles away.Tank bust the door by kicking it and surprisingly,no strigoi have yet to attack.We survey our surrounding.

"Did we got the wrong house?" Asked Zook.

"They're here.I can feel it." They all know about my strigoi sensor.

From the corner of my eye,I saw a movement.Strigoi.He looks painfully similar to Mason.

"Took you guys long enough." He said with an evil smirk.Even sounds like him.

The others knew well enough to not get chatty with Strigoi.Zook lunged at him in seconds since he's the closest.Zook is fast.And killed the strigoi in seconds.Obviously the strigoi was a new born.6 other strigoi jumped out and attacked us.2 of them came at me and they're both big and that's an advantage for me since I'm smaller.The bald one head for my neck and the girl who looks no older than 20 aim for my arm.I swiftly dodge them both and got a hold of the girl's long hair.I pulled her closer and stake her heart from behind.I kicked the strigoi's stomach hard and he stumbled a little,I grabbed his arm and successfully flipped him over and staked him to death.I need to find Skylar and the others.I went from room to room and finally found the one that leads to the basement.The others killed their Strigoi with no problem.Me and Tank went ahead and the others are behind us.And someone push us from behind,makes us fall down the stairs.And I heard the door shut.My whole body aches,especially my head.I blinked and somehow that makes it worst.I summoned all my strength and stand up.Tank is groaning and clutching his head,I helped him up.I finally realizes that there's about 20 strigoi.One if them stepped up,the leader I supposed.

"Ah," He clasped his hand."Rose Hathaway or Sargent Silencer,nice of you to join us." He said with a almost genuine smile.I didn't reply instead I reached for my gun.I never liked guns,but it becomes handy in missions.And of course we use charmed silver bullets.It's limited.I aim the strigoi,Tank does the same.

"Put the guns down." He said,still smiling."You don't want to do that." Some of them step away and revealed the ones who got kidnapped.There's only 5 of them.

"Where's the other one?" I growled.

"Some of us got hungry,so..yeah." He's still smiling.

3 of them look lifeless,including Skylar.She's beaten up pretty bad unlike the other ones.Her left eye is swollen and there's a few bite marks on her and that increases my rage.I gripped my stake and attacked the one beside me.She didn't even got a chance to blink.Tank follows my lead.After that I lunged at the leader,he snapped his fingers and 3 of them attacked me.The one with pixie cut tried to punch me on the face but I swiftly dodged it.The other one pulled my legs,making me fall on the ground and hit my head hard again.My vision blurred.

"It's time for you to join us." I heard one of them said.I tried to get back up only to get push back down."Better make this easy." I could feel his fangs piercing my neck.I tried to push him away but failed.But after what it seems like eternity,someone pushed him away.

"Rose," Said that sweet honey voice that I love.I blinked and saw the worry face of Dimitri.

"I'm okay," I said weakly.I stand up and almost fell back down but Dimitri got a hold of me.

"Zook get her out of here!" He commands.

I feel Dimitri's arms left my body and into Zook's.

"Don't worry Sarge,you'll be alright." He said as he ran.

"Where's Skylar?" I managed to ask,still in a daze.

"She's alright.Don't worry." He placed me in the car."Here,drink this." He gave me a bottle of water.I gladly drank half of it.I almost felt normal but not quiet.My head's throbbing.And seconds later,I'm out.

Dimitri

We reached Court 2 hours ago.3 of us got injured.Rose,Mayfly and Sean.Mayfly and Sean is not that bad unlike Rose.She and Mayfly still hasn't woken up.We saved only 5 of them.The other one got killed.The Moroi.

When I saw that Strigoi drinks from Rose,something snapped inside of me.I killed him in a flesh.And I saw her,her head was bleeding and the fresh bitemark.I was scared too.Scared that she'd get turn or that I'm too late to save her but thankfully I didn't.I almost lost her.Lissa healed Rose's head as soon as she saw her and the others too.Zander with Skylar.He was beside her as soon as we got here and hasn't left her side since then.Like me.I felt her hand tightened around mine.

"Roza.." I breathed,caressing her hair.A smile creeps on her face and her eyes opened.

"Hey Comrade," That brings a smile on my face.

"How are you feeling?" I asked worriedly.

"Like shit." I chuckled."Can you get me some water?"I get her water and gave it to her.She gulp down all of it."Thanks." Her hand reached up to her head then she sighed."Lissa healed me didn't she?"

"Yes.She had too.Your head won't stop bleeding." I pushed the urge to shudder.Then her hand reached up to her neck but I caught it slowly and pull it back down.

"I can't believe I let him drink from me," She says angrily.

"You didn't.You just didn't have the strength." My face hardened,remembering when Rose got drink from the Strigoi.Rose saw this and placed her hand on my cheek softly.

"Don't blame yourself Comrade.Not your fault." I kissed her hand.

"I almost lost you.Again."

"But you didn't.I'm still here.You're stuck with me until the end." She grins.

I leaned down and kissed her.

"I love you Dimitri." I could feel my heart beating faster.

"I love you too Roza.Always."