Chapter 41

Sydney

I shook her hard.No no no.This is not good.Not good.

"No,Rose come on! Wake up!" I feel her pulse.It's beating really slowly.

"Rose come on,you need to be here when Dimitri get back." Christian said panickly."Rose!" His eyes are full with fear."Sydney do something!"

"What?! I don't know how to do healing magic! If that even exist for the human world."

Lissa is staring intently at her with an agonizing look on her face.Her hand is reaching out for Rose.

"No Liss- "

"She's about to die Christian.I could feel her slowly slipping away into death's hand and i can't let that happen." Silent tears falling from her eyes.

"But you tried to heal her before and it didn't work!" I said frustratingly.

She didn't bother to respond.She's concentrating on healing her.Rose looks pale as a Moroi.

"Is- is it working?" Christian asked,wiping his sweaty hands on his thighs.

Lissa is frowning.And her face looks really frustrated.

The door burst opened and Abe and others came in.But no Dimitri.Christian noticed it too.

"Where the fuck is Dimitri?!" He said.

"Don't worry another team had found him 20 minutes ago.He'll be here in a few.What's happening?" Abe asked.Walking over to Rose and crouched down and smoothed her hair."Quick! The cure!" Ashley came and injected Rose with something."Come on Rose,come on.."

It's so weird to see him this vulnerable.He cried.

"She can't be gone.She can't.." Abe said,crying.

"She's not- "

"Rose!" A bloody battered Dimitri yelled as he burst through the room.Abe move aside and Dimitri came down at her and craddled her in his arms.

Dimitri

"Rose.." I brushed her hair."Roza wake up..you promised me you wouldn't go anywhere..please.." I can't feel her heart beating anymore."The cure!"

"We did injected it to her but we're too late Dimitri.It didn't work." Ben said hugging Ashley.

"No,no..Rose you promised..Rose we're about to get married..you're supposed to be my wife." I kissed her,hoping her to wake up like in the bloody fairy tales.

Lissa suddenly screamed.

"Liss wha- "

"I can't feel her! I can't feel her anymore!" She yelled."No! Rose!" She sat down the other side of Rose.

"Rose you can't leave me.You're my sister,you're apart of me.Please..i need you!"

I cried and kissed her temple.

"Come on Liss,let's get you some rest.." Christian said pulling her away from Rose.I could see she fought him but she's out of energy.

"Dimitri.." Abe said,placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Can you please leave us alone?" My voice is barely a whisper.

His hand left my shoulder and i could hear footsteps going out of the room.And soon I'm alone with the love of my life in my arms.

"I love you." Hoping that she'd come back."I love you Rose.Roza." I cried and buried my face on the crook of her neck.And cry,scream at the same time.

Even though she's pale and everything,she still look beautiful.She also look dead- probably is- but i don't want to think that.She's still here i can feel it in my bones.

"I love you and i feel like i hadn't said it enough to you.I want you to know,i love you and i appreciate you.You're the light of my life.I don't know what I'd do with myself if you're gone." Move on i smiled thinking of what Rose would say." I would be......a wreck without you.You are my soul Rose.You're the most important person in this whole universe for me,no one else matters.Come back.For me.For Lissa.For everyone who loves you."

I know it's hopeless but no harm in trying.

Rose

I can't see anything or hear anything.It's like I'm in this deep black hole.Where the hell am i?

"Rose Hathaway." A familiar voice said.I turned around,wide eyed.

"Mason?" He's grinning.He looks the same.That red hair and that sly smirk that's always on his face.He nodded."Wait am i dead?"

"No,no." He chuckled.

"It's been a long time since i heard that.." I hugged him."You smell the same.."

"Yeah..i miss you too.." He spoke softly beside my ear."And i know that you still sorry for what happened to me,don't.It was my own mistake."

I smiled at him.

"You saved me and i will forever be grateful for that and Mason I'm sorry that i played with your feelings.You didn't deserve that,i am so sorry."

"Nah,i got over it.And Rose i just wanted for you to be happy.Dimitri is a really good guy and i know he'll take care of you."Dimitri's name made my heart ache."You must be wondering where you are,you are somewhere in between life and death."

"Somewhere in between life and death?" I echoed."How am i somewhere in between life and death?!"

"Once again,Rose you're in death's gripped.Your soul is fighting to- for you to wake up."

Then i asked the question that I'd never thought I'd ask.

"Why would i want to wake up..all i do is put everyone i love in danger..they're so much better off without me.." Mason frowned as i sat down on the..ground."What? It's true and i don't want to do that again.I'm tired of everything.." I buried my face in my hands.

"What are you talking about Rose?" He look at me incredulously."They love you-"

"I know they do-"

"-and you meant the world to them.You said they would be better off without you?! Look at that! Is he better off without you?" It shows Dimitri craddling me in his arms,bawling.

Mason stood beside me,silently.And i watch Dimitri crying and screaming.Then Dimitri spoke.

" I love you and i feel like i hadn't said it enough to you.I want you to know,i love you and i appreciate you.."As he was talking,tears formed in my eyes.Dimitri went on," I would be......a wreck without you.You are my soul Rose.You're the most important person in this whole universe for me,no one else matters.Come back.For me.For Lissa.For everyone who loves you."

"Your choice Rose." Mason said,barely a whisper.I turned to face him,but he's already vanished.

Your choice Rose.  

(Thought i'd stop here but..nah..) 

Dimitri 

I don't know how long i have been sitting here with Rose in my arms.Also i haven't stopped crying since then.Staring at her face,hoping that her eyes would open.A sudden move,makes me jump.

Rose's hand just tightens around mine.I stared at her in disbelieve.

"Rose? Roza?" 

Her eyes fluttered opened with a smile on her face."I love you." She said then our lips met.

I kissed her with so much love and passion just as her me.The feeling of her kissing me back is like when i first kissed her.God,i love her so much it hurts.

"I'm not dreaming am i?" 

"No comrade,you're not.." She chuckled.Then again we kissed hard like we've been apart for years.

"I love you Roza." 

How's that? Hope you guys liked it and also this story is coming to an end,i don't know when or how am i going to end it- but maybe in the next few chapters.Just a heads up.Love you guys! ~Mariam