Chapter 36

Rose

Well,I'm still in this shitty place.Machines attached to me.I can barely talk for some reason and everything is just painful.But at least I still can move my arms.That's the only good thing.

Usually Dimitri would be here,keeping me company but he had to go for some important guardian thing that I couldn't remember.Lissa is busy with her queen things and her child.So I'm alone.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to die soon.It's true when I said that I'm tired.I'm tired of fighting,I'm tired of getting into danger.That's not living.But some part part of me is still fighting to stay alive and still hoping maybe there is a cure.I'm not ready to die,I still have a lot of things to do.I'm not ready to leave the people I love.

A tear leaked out of my eye.I need to do something.Get up.I ripped all the wires that attached to me.

I tried to push myself up,but fell down each time.Come on! You said you're a fighter.Do it Rose!

I sucked in a deep breath and push myself up again with all the strength that I got.I'm up.

The feeling of the cold floor actually felt great.I breathe a sigh of relieve.Moving my toes,and my fingers.I took a step in hope I wouldn't fall down.I didn't.

"Rose! What are you doing? Come on,you gotta lie down." I heard a voice said.I didn't hear it clearly.I blinked my eyes twice to see Christian looking at me.He's talking but I couldn't hear a thing.His hand reach out to me and I push it away weakly."Rose! What are you doing?"

"I need to do something." I said with a small raspy voice,still walking.

Oh great the headache came back.I took a step and almost fell down but Christian caught me.

"Come on,let me carry you back to your bed."

"No." My voice a little stronger this time."No.Just help me walk.I want to go out and get some fresh air."

He obliged.He hold my upper arm to keep me upright.

"You know Dimitri's gonna be pissed if he saw you out of bed."

"I don't care." I croaked out.He handed me a bottle of water and I drank half of it."Thanks."

It's a cold night but it feels really nice.We kept on walking to where I don't know.It just feels great to use my body again.I breathe in the fresh air,my eyes closed,and enjoying the peacefulness.

"Where to?" Christian ask,voice calm.

I look at him and smiled.

"I just wanted to walk." He smiled back and nodded.

We kept on walking in silence.I could feel his eyes on me,worried but happy too.Footsteps coming from behind.

"What the hell are you doing?" Dimitri said,grabbing my shoulder.

"Dimitri,relax." Christian said."She's trying to get her strength back.She's fighting."

His face softened and I offered him a smile.I clear my throat which hurts.

"I finally came to my senses." I sucked in a deep breath."I'm not ready to die.I got so much to do in this world.And I'm not ready to leave the ones I love." I look at both Christian and Dimitri.

"But Rose," he said softly.I started to cough.Dimitri face turns worried."Come on- "

"No." I grabbed his hand."Dimitri,I'm hungry."

He really smiled this time.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Mmm.I haven't had chocolate glazed donuts in a while." I said with a small smile.

"Let's go to the café then." Christian said.

I linked my arm with Dimitri.He placed a soft kiss on my head and it lingered there for awhile.

My vision blurred and I feel like passing out.

"Woah." Dimitri caught me in his arms."Can you walk?"

"I'm fine." I said in a small voice.He doesn't look like he believed me."I'm fine." I said in much stronger voice.

As we walk,I can barely stay conscious of my surroundings.Every time I feel like I'm gonna pass out,I'd hold on to Dimitri tighter.

Dimitri helped me sat down.Yeah I even need help sitting down.I leaned my head back and sucked in another deep breath.

"Hey,you're okay?" Christian asked,his voice full of worries.

"Yeah,yeah.I'm alright." I said quietly.

I closed my eyes for a moment and push away all the noises around me.

I haven't seen Ashley or Josh or any of my squads since that day they gave the letter to me.If they really went to find the fucking bastard,as they said,they'd tell me first right?

"Here you go," Dimitri said,putting a plate with two chocolate glazed donuts and a hot latte.

"Thanks Comrade," his face lit up when I called his old nickname which I haven't used for sometime now.

He reached for my hand.

"It's been awhile since you called me that.I actually missed it." He kissed my hand."Eat up."

I took a small bite of it,afraid that I might throw it up minutes later.Surprisingly,I don't.I finished the first one in seconds and then the second one.

"Damn Rose.I actually enjoy watching you eat." Christian said with a grin on his face.

I drank my latte which is freaking good.I haven't had it for awhile.

"Hey Dimitri,you've seen Ashley or Josh or any of my squads lately?"Dimitri's face turns uneasy."Shit."

"They told me not to tell you because you'd find away to stop them." Christian looks totally lost.

"My squad! They fucking disobeyed me." All of a sudden I felt like I just got hit in the head."Argh." I rubbed my temple.

"Rose,take a deep breath.Calm down." I do as he told."Good.I'm- " He got cut off by his phone which is ringing.He picked it up."Guardian Belikov speaking." He said in his guardian voice."Rose knows." I snatched the phone from him.

"You fucking disobeyed me! I told you guys not to go."

"Sorry Sarge,but we're doing this for your own good.We just found the bastard.Of course it's a Strigoi and she's a women." Josh said on the phone."We gotta go!" I'm not sure if he's talking to me or someone else.

"Josh wai- " He hung up."Fuck." I sucked in a deep breath."Where the fuck are they?"

"They're in Scotland." Scotland? "That's where they are.They told me before they went.And I told them to keep me updated."

"Okay." I sighed then breathe."Okay."

"I think you've had enough today.Let's get you back." Christian said.I forgot he was here.

"Can I just go back to my room? My real room." Dimitri pursed his lips then nodded.

"Christian you can go back to Lissa." Dimitri said.He nodded,gave me a little hug then left."Let's go."

I missed my room.The smell,the bed,the bathroom.I plopped down on the bed.

"I'm tired."

"Then sleep." Dimitri said.I look at him and he was already shirtless.A playful grin appeared on my face."God,I missed looking at your body." He chuckled.

"So do I Roza.But right now you're tired.You need to sleep." He pulled me into a passionate kiss."Sleep lyubov moya."

I lay my head on his bare chest.

"I love you Dimitri."

"I love you too Roza."

Then I fell into a deep sleep.