Chapter 31

Dimitri

Today's the day.I can't believe she's coming back today.We are all excited.Zander and Skylar got permissions to stay in Court for a few days.

"Dimitri," Christian said,pulling me out of my thoughts.He just got done with his feeder."Come on,we need to get to Lissa."

"Here," I pulled out mints."Take one.Your breath is horrible."

"Yeah." He chuckled then took one."Lissa can't wait for Rose to meet Nate.She's so excited."

"Of course." I smiled."How are you guys holding up?"

"Well..we actually got enough enough sleep this week.So,it's getting better."

Then Guardian Reyes voice came into my earpiece.

"Guardian Belikov,looks like the Hunters are a bit early.They're going to arrive in a couple minutes." A wide smile stretched on my face.

"Thank you Guardian Reyes." Christian looked at me questioningly."Looks like Rose is going to be here in a few minutes."

"Then let's go! Lissa wouldn't mind."

Hans talked to me yesterday.He said I will be one of the instructor who'll teach the novices who chose to be a Hunter.I don't think a lot of novices wants to be a Hunter but we'll see.So I'll guard Christian only half a day.Looks like we're all are going to head back to the academy pretty soon.

8 SUVs came in through the Court gates.

"Here they are." Christian said,smiling.

I realize there's some people gathering around here.Must be their family waiting for their return.When they came out of the SUVs,each one of them got swarmed with their family.

I was looking for Rose but I can't seem to find her.

"Looking for someone Comrade," I heard her behind me.

"Rose." I pulled her into a hug."I'm so glad you're back." I said as I buried my face on the crook of her neck.

"Me too Dimitri,my soon-to-be-husband." My grin got wider.

I pulled back and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Oh Roza,the things you do to me."

"Hey Rose," Christian greeted her then hug her.

"Hey Sparky," These two relationship has gotten really good.

She pulled back and that's when I really saw her.She looks a little pale and bags under her eyes and slightly skinny a little.There's like 3 small scars on her neck.

"Rose,are you okay?" I asked,my voice filled with worry.

"Yeah you look like you're sick." Christian added.

"Oh come on guys,I know I look horrible.And I'm fine." I eyed her,uncertain."Really I am fine." She said firmly,directed to me.

"Fine." Christian said."Now come on,do you want to meet your godson?"

Rose's face lit up."Yes.I've been wanting to meet him so bad."

We didn't get to say much to her after that,because she sprinted straight to Lissa's chamber.Christian and I laughed then walked to Lissa's chamber.

"Man,you're fast." Christian said when he saw Rose on the couch beside Lissa,holding Nathan.

"He's adorable.You guys have done a great job.He has your eyes though." She said,addressing to Christian."Let's just hope he doesn't have your personality." We laughed.

"Hey," Christian pretended to be hurt."Come on I'm not that bad."

"Okay.You're not." Rose laughs."But still I think everyone would prefer him to have Lissa's personality."

"He's my boy.Of course he'd have some of my personality."

"Hope he only got the good ones." Lissa grins."Because come on,it must be hard to raise a little you."

"Even Lissa agrees." Rose chuckled.

Rose looks different but she's still Rose.There's this haunted look in her eyes.What had happened?

Rose

I know Dimitri is watching me.He notice something different about me.A lot had happened in these past few months.It was in Mission 6.We were stationed in Minnesota.Bad things had happened there.That's where we lost Rocket (Riley).I'd never get his death out of my head.It's too horrible.We almost lost Mayfly (Ashley) too but thank God we didn't.

Rocket's death was horrible.The Strigois drank him and then tear each part of his body and I witnessed it.I couldn't do anything,I was paralyzed.They drank from me too and almkst drained me might i add.And all I could do is watch.Just thinking about it makes me want to cry and scream.They almost turn me too but Rockhead saved me just in time.

Since then,I've been feeling sick.Sometimes I can't even eat.And there's time when I felt like I couldn't breath.I've been having this terrible headaches.Only my squad knows about this.I made them promise to not tell anyone.That's how I've been since then.

"Rose go get some rest.You must be really tired." Lissa looked at me sympatheticly."Dimitri go with her." Dimitri nodded.

"I'll see you later Liss,"

I'm actually feeling really tired.The headache is killing me.I could feel myself start swaying around then i felt Dimitri's hand,steadying me.

"Woah,Rose.Are you okay?" His voice laced with worry.

"It's just headache.I just need to sleep it off."

"Can you walk?" My eyes are starting to droop.

"Yeah." I said weakly.

"Clearly not." He said as he picked me up."It's okay.We're almost there anyway."

I lay my head on his chest.Hearing his heart beats seems to eased the headache a bit.Then I started to fell asleep.

Sorry for my lack of updates.School started and that sucks.Anyway thanks for the nice comments,it made my day.Vote and Comment as usual.Love you guys and thanks for reading. ~Mariam