Chapter 28

Rose

All Hunters gathered.To my surprise,no one complaints about going back.Most of them are quiet,the others are just talking casually.Mayfly came and stood beside me.

"So,what's your progress with Zombie?" I asked,smirking."Oh come on! I know."

She sighed in defeat."We've been together for 6 weeks.And I broke it off a week ago but then last night he came to my room and kissed me then left without a word.I just talked to him..."

"And?" I urged.

"He said he loves me." She said with a small smile.

"What about you?"

"I said I love you back.And I meant it.I don't know Rose.You think we're gonna work?" She asked anxiously."I mean we're not like you and Guardian Belikov- "

"Who said you have to be like my relationship with Guardian Belikov? If you guys love and care about each other,I think that's enough." She gave me a grateful smile then thanked me.

After a few minutes,Hans came up and call all squad sargents.

"I talked with the other guardians.We agreed that each squad is to be stationed to different places and change places every 2 weeks."

"For how long exactly?" I asked.

"Another 5 months.And we decided that after that,whoever wants to stay a Hunter will be a Hunter and for those who don't can go back to being a guardian.And now in every academy we split the programme.The novices can choose wether they want to be a Hunter or a Guardian.Some of you may will be ask to be an instructor for the novices who wants to be a Hunter.Likely all the Sargents,you guys in different academies." That's actually a great idea.

"When are we leaving?" Asked Sarge Dodger,leader of Squad 20.Zombie's squad.

"Tomorrow.Right now just get some good rest because you're likely won't have it for another 5 months.Now go and tell your squads."

Hans dismissed us all after that and I gathered my squad at my room.

"So?" Castor (X) lifts his eyebrows."What did he tell you guys?"

I was about to answer when someone knocked on my door.I sighed and went to open it.

"Hey," Dimitri said then he glanced behind me and saw them."Oh sorry I'll come back."

I grabbed his arm."No.It's okay.Come on in." And so he did.

"Come on Sarge,tell us." Lily (Rat) urged.

"Okay," I sighed."So...they decided that each squad is to be stationed in different places and change places every 2 weeks." Mayfly's face turns sad.I rubbed her arm up and down with a sympathetic smile."But good news is that after this you guys can choose wether you want to stay a Hunter or go back to being a guardian."

"So how long?" Rockhead (James) asked.

"5 months," I sighed."We'll leave tomorrow.Oh yeah and they're splitting the programme for novices.They can choose whether they want to be a Hunter or a Guardian.So they're gonna call some of us to be an instructor at different academies."

"Well..at least that is good I guess," Rocket (Riley) said,running his hand through his shiny black hair.

"Yeah.And go get some rest because we're not likely gonna get any these 5 months.At least we're still together.We'll protect each other.We're a team.A family.Right?" I said trying to cheer them up.

"Yeah." They said,laughing a little.

Then they left to pack and rest and just get ready for tomorrow.I plopped down next to Dimitri on the love seat then lay my head in his chest.

"Another 5 months huh?" He said after a while.

"I guess so.."

"So? What are you going to do after this?"

"Of course I go back to being a guardian." He let out a sigh of relievement."What you thought I'm gonna stay being a Hunter?"

"For a moment,yes.It just seems like you- "

"Are you insane? Being a Guardian is not as tireless as being a Hunter.And being apart from you for months is agonizing.I missed being with you,waking up with you besides me."

"Me too.Not knowing where you are and what are you doing is making me crazy.Knowing you're not that safe.Promise me you'll be careful.Please.Just return.I can't lose you.I love you too much." His face showed just how much it pains him to know that I'm leaving.I placed my hand on his cheek.

"I love you too.And I will come back.I promise that.I always come back."

We kissed.It was gentle and soft at first but then his tongue slip into my mouth.My hands wrapped around his neck and then he picked me up,still kissing,lay me on the bed.

"I love you Roza." He whispered huskily.

PLEASE READ.Sorry for the late update.My phone is broken so I had to use my grandma's.And my brother took the laptop to college.Anyway vote and comment.And there's a lot of VA fanfics coming and I'm writing Reading Shadow Kiss..what'd you think? It was inspired by Aloha_Fangirl's Reading Blood Promise.Thank you for reading. ~ Mariam