Chapter 5

Rose

We were on our way to Baia.Dimitri's hometown.I would drive if i know the way but i don't.So yeah,Dimitri's driving.I could see that he's anxious to see his family,he 's also worried that hia family won't accept him back.He didn't tell his family that he's a dhampir again.

His body was tensed."Hey,it's gonna be okay." I held his free hand.As soon as i touched him,he quickly softened."It's gonna be okay.You have nothing to worry about.Your family will be beyond happy to know that you're a dhampir again.And i bet your scary,witchy grandma- Yeva already know,she might have told them too."

He grinned."Thanks.I needed that." He kissed my hand.

After about 30 minutes,Dimitri pulled up the car.

"Do you want me and Lissa to go first? you know so we can explain everything first then you come in." I suggested.

"Great idea.You two go first." He got back in the car.

"You know,he is so different when his around you." Lissa said as we walked to the house."He's usually stoic and emotionless and tensed like every other guardian but when his with you...he slightly relaxed.He is himself when his around you."

I smiled."Yeah i know.We have that kind of connection.He's my rock."

"I know.I can see it in your and Dimitri's auras.They shine so bright that it nearly blinds me." She giggled.

"Here goes nothing." I whispered to myself as i rang the doorbell.

Then the door opened,revealing Olena.She quickly pulled me in a hug.

"Rose! Why did you leave without saying goodbye?! i was so worried." She said in a thick russian accent.

"Sorry Olena.I'll explain everything later but now i need you to keep an open mind okay?"

"Okay."

I gave them the signal to come out.

"Dimka? Is that really you?" She asked as she touched her son's cheek.

A tear slid down Dimitri's cheek."Yes mama.It's me." He hugged her.

Sonya came to see who it was.When she saw Dimitri,her eyes widened.

"Strigoi!" she took out her stake then quickly lunged at him.

I quickly stood in front of him.She was abot to stake Dimitri but instead,she staked my shoulder.Okay,seriously?! Why am i always the one who got hurt?!

I screamed in pain.

"Roza!" Dimitri wrapped his arms around me as i fall.

"Sonya stop! He's not strigoi anymore! Look at his skin! Look at his eyes!" Olena said frantically."Come on! Bring her in!"

Dimitri lifted me up carefully.He rushed inside and put me on the sofa.

"Lissa,Adrian do something!" Mia yelled.

Oh great,i'm starting to see black spots.

"You have to pull out the stake first!" Lissa said.I know they are all panicking.

"But that's gonna- " Dimitri started but got interrupt by Adrian.

"Just do it Belikov!"

"Be strong Rose." He said then pulled out the stake in seconds.

I screamed in pain again then quickly blacked out.

Dimitri

Thank God for spirit users! We arrived at my home about three hours ago,and when we got there my sister,Sonya thought that i was still a Str- Monster.But Rose being Rose jumped in front of me and Sonya accidentally staked her shoulder.

She has been passed out for three hours.When i pulled out the stake that was in her shoulder,there was a hole and i can see the flesh inside it.I say this agin..thank God for spirit users! Lissa and Adrian had to use a lot of powers to close the hole.They are asleep right now,tired of the magic.Her shoulder isn't fully heal.My mama bandaged her shoulder.

I brought her to my old bedroom and lay her there.I sat beside the bed,holding her hand and kissing it.Stroking her beautiful face and her beautiful hair.

Someone knocked on the door and came in Viktoria.

"Can i come in?" she asked quietly.

I gave her a slight nod.It was silence for about 10 minutes but then she spoke up.

"She's strong,you know? No wonder you love her.I remembered when she first came here.All of us- except Grandma i think,fell in love with her instantly." She smiled at me.

I smiled,knowing that my family adores Rose.

"And Sonya,she didn't meant that.Forgive her." She continues."And i'm glad you're back." She hugged me."I hope she wakes up soon," She sighs."I need to apologize to her."

"Why?" I finally spoke up.

"There's this Moroi guy," i groaned.

"Vika,how many times do i have to tell you to stay away from Moroi guys." I interrupted her.

"Shh! Anyway,i thought he was actually a really nice guy but apparently not.Rose "asked" Zmey to get rid of the Moroi guy.And he did.Rose found out that the guy was Sonya's kids father.I got into a fight with her.She left early without saying goodbye.I just hope she forgives me." I sighed.

"Don't worry.I know Rose.She must have had forgiven you a long time ago."

Then out of the corner of my eyes i saw Rose stirred.

"I'll go now.I'll talk to her later." Vika said then left.

I brushed her cheeks."Roza.."

She groaned in pain.Then clutched her shoulder.

"Ugh! Where am i?" She looks around."You're bedroom." She tried to sit up but it's hard for her with an injured shoulder.

"Let me help you." I offered.I helped her sit up.

She holds my hand."You're okay?" she raised her eyebrows since she couldn't raise only one.

"Of course i am.You're the one who got hurt." I said guiltily."Sorry,it's my fault.You shouldn't have jumped infront of me like that.You could get killed!"

"If i didn't you're the one who get killed! and i can't let that happen! and i won't let it happen."

I hugged her carefully,avoiding her injured shoulder.

"I was so worried." I mumbled to her hair.

"Sorry." she said.We pulled away.

"Help me up." She also somehow twisted her ankle.

"Oh Rose,can't you get a day off without getting hurt? i mean like seriously.You keep getting hurt lately." He chuckled.

"It's not something i can easily avoid Comrade." She smirked.My arm is still around her waist and her good arm on my shoulder.

"You're good?" i asked her.

"Yeah." she said.

I let her go.We stared into each others eyes for about a minute the i leaned in and kissed her.

Her stomach grumbled and i reluctantly pulled away.

"Come on,let's get something to eat." I chuckled.

"Yeah,i'm starving!" With that,we head to the kitchen.