Chapter 29

Rose 

I woke up a couple hours early for some reason.Dimitri was still sound asleep beside me.I tried to go back to sleep but failed so i decided to get up and go to the gym.I slowly slipped out of Dimitri's hold,not wanting to wake him up.

I got dressed in my usual attire.It's a cloudy day and windy.It's nice.I'm leaving today.Surprisingly,i'm okay with that.I breathe in the fresh air.I didn't even realize I was heading to the gym.I did some stretches,some push ups,sit ups,some reps then went to the punching bag and started to hit it.Each time,I hit it harder,making it swaying around.I concentrate all my strength to my punches and kicks.I grunt every time I hit it.I kicked it again and it went flying off.And pain shot through my knuckles.No wonder,I wasn't wearing any gloves now it's all bloody.

"Damn," I muttered to myself.I washed my hands to get rid of the blood.Then I took the first aid kit and sat down on the bench.

"Can't sleep?" I look up to see Skylar walking towards me,grinning.

"Sort of," She drops her Duffel bag and sat beside me."What are you doing up this early?"

"I make it a habit to wake up early and go to the gym every morning since I came to Court.Rose you know you're my role model."

"I am?" I mock,gasping.She chuckles and punch my shoulder playfully.

"I want to be a great guardian.Like you are.And maybe one day I can finally beat you." No matter how quick and strong she is,she has never beat me but close.

"Well come on.Let's see if you can this time." I said,smirking.

She got up and we took our fighting stance on the mat.We circled each other for a few seconds like dogs,and she made the first move.She tried to punch me on my shoulder blade but I dodged it.I duck and elbowed her on the back.She staggered a bit but then swiftly kick my legs,making me fell.I got up quick and fake punched her on her right shoulder blade instead I punched her left shoulder blade,got a hold of her arm and flipped her.She groaned,I laughed.I offer her my hand and she took it.

"You're okay?" I asked,chuckling a little.

"Yeah." Then we heard an applause.

"Good fight." Dimitri said as he handed us our drinks.

"When did you got in? We didn't even heard you." I asked,wiping my sweats with my towel.

"Just a few minutes ago.I woke up and realize you're not beside me so I went to the one place where I know you'd likely be." He said with a crooked smile."Oh yeah Zander is looking for you Sky.He said he'll be at the garden."

"It's already 7?" She gaped."Time flies by fast.Well I'd better go.Oh and Rose we'll be there before you go." She picked up her duffel bag and left in a rush.

"Did you do that to the punching bag?" Dimitri points at the punching bag that's lying on the floor."You've grown stronger."

"Yeah with 8 hours of training everyday," He laughs.Then sobered.

"When are you leaving?" His voice normal,expression sad.

"At midnight.Hans said it'll take us 4 hours to get to our destination." Being cooped up with 7 other guys in a car is not fun.

"I wish I could come with you." He pursed his lips."I hate it every time you leave,it's like someone is ripping half of my soul out.I promised to protect you but I can't if you're not with me."

"Hey," I tilted his head to look at me."You did protect me.A lot of times and I couldn't be more grateful.And don't worry about me too much.You know what I'm capable of.You were my instructor and is my partner.And you're a damn good fighter.Half of my moves are yours.And every time I got into a bad situation,I'd hear your voice guiding me to safety.So wherever I am,you're always there to protect me." His lips stretched into his rare smiles.

"Did I mentioned I love you?"

"Yes.Lots of times and I'd never get tired of hearing it from you." I assured him.

His lips touched mine as soon as I finished talking.I melt into that kiss.He kiss me with a great passion as I him.My hands snaked around his neck,wrapping my legs around his waist as he pushed me up against the wall.He started to trail kisses down my neck and I moaned each time then his lips are back on mine.

"That escalated quickly," I whispered laugh.He laughs quietly.

"With you it always does," He lets me go then kisses me softly."Come on I'm hungry.Have you eaten?"

"No.And I'm starving so let's go."

We took the long way to the café on purpose.Wrapped in each other arms.We joke around and talked about things and I don't know why but I asked him-

"Dimitri,have you ever regret that you chose me instead of getting a chance to build your own family?" He stopped walking then turned his gaze on me.Expression serious.

"Rose," He grabs my hands in his.Voice soft."There's not a second that I ever regret being with you.You're the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.You're the most amazing person I have ever met.And you are my family." He kisses my hands."Being with you is the greatest decision I have ever made and it's an honour to love you and protect you,to have you by my side." He kissed my forehead."Do not ever think for a second that I ever regret being with you and do not ever doubt my love for you because I do love you so much." He said with so much passion.

"God,I'm so lucky to have you." I said barely a whisper.

He leans down and kissed me softly on the lips.

"I know you said you're not ready but- " He sighed then got down on one knee and pulled out a ring.I gaped."Rose I love you so much and I know you said you don't want to get marry until you're in your 20's but I can't wait any longer.I am hoping that you'll come back as my fiancé not my girlfriend.So will you Rosemarie Hathaway marry me Dimitri Belikov who loves you unconditionally."

I finally found my voice and squeaked out a-

"Yes!" I screamed.He looked relieved then got up and hug me tightly and pulled back just to kiss me again then hug me again.He slid the ring on my finger and we heard a few applauses.Lissa,Christian,Eddie, Zander,Skylar,Mia,Adrian and all my squad.

"We saw you from the café and when we saw Dimitri getting on one knee we rushed here and I'm so happy for you guys." She explained in a rush and hugged us both.

The rest did the same and Lissa said she'll treat us all breakfast and already started to planning the wedding.I told her I want a small wedding- family and friends only and she agreed to that.We decided to get married on my 20th birthday which is 10 months away.

And then it's time for me to leave.I hugged everyone goodbye and said I'll see them when I get back.Dimitri walked me to the car.

"I'll see you in 5 months.Okay Comrade?" I hugged him tightly when I was about to let go he hugged me tighter.

"Alright.Just make sure you get back." He kissed me gently on the lips."I'll see you in 5 months."