Epilogue

10 Years Later

This last chapter is dedicated to all you readers out there.

Rose

Today is the 10th anniversary of me and Dimitri's wedding.It's also been 10 years since we've adopted Sophia and Hunter.Of course they've grown so much over the past years.Sophia is now 15 and Hunter is 22.

When Sophia turned 7,we sent her to St.Vlads but of course we didn't leave her there and not visit her.We sent Hunter there when he turned 13 because there's a lot for him to catch up.And he did.He also found his best friend- now he's charge- Anthony Walters.The law changed of course,they now let the Moroi fight along beside their guardians,like the old ages.

Lissa retired just last year as a Queen- but i'm still Lissa's part time guardian.And another half of a day,i spend my time teaching at St.Vlads.Christian too.I decided i like it there.The students there respect me.Talking about students,Zander and Skylar.Skylar did joined the elite team for 5 years but then tragedy striked she retired from that and now the head guardian of St.Phillips.Zander worked there too because he didn't want to be far from Skylar.

My squad,well we lost some people along the way but there's still Josh,Ben and Ashley whom i'm very close with.Ashley got married with Ben.Josh is dating Vika.Yep,he's dating Dimitri's sister.And well Dimitri "interviewed" him a couple times but i assured Dimitri that Josh is a really great guy.Castor died a few years ago protecting his charge.

Everyone,my friends and family will come today to celebrate our anniversary.Usually we just celebrate it in a small way,nothing big.But this one is different.I also haven't seen my parents in 8 months,i missed them.

"Hey honey,you need any help?" I asked Sophia as i got into the kitchen.

"No we got this mom.You just go enjoy your day with dad." She turned to me to give a brief smile.

"Yeah,Guardian Hathaway,we got this." Her best friend,Zoey,assured me.

"Okay." I grabbed a bottle of water."Dad's taking me out for a bit.Okay?" She nodded.I kissed her cheek."Try to not blow up the kitchen." They're baking me and Dimitri a cake.

"Can't promise that!" Sophia shouted.I shook my head,chuckling.

Dimitri's at the door waiting for me with a big grin.

"Ready?"

"Yeah." I kissed him briefly."Let's go."He opened the car door for me."Well thank you Comrade." He laughed."So you want to tell me where we're going?"
He gave me a sly smile."You'll see."

I shook my head,grinning like a fool.We stayed silent through the whole drive.I glanced out of the window and shut my eyes closed.We have been through so much and here we are still living.Sure there's a few- scratch that- a lot of bumps along the way but we got through it.I'm really lucky to have a lot of people caring about me.Especially Dimitri.He's almost 40 but still,he's amazing.Healthy,handsome,hot as always.I don't think that will ever change.

"Here we are."

A beach.Dimitri brought me to a beach.Oh Cliché Dimitri.

"You're so cliche comrade." I said,locking my arm around his.

"Well you've been saying that you haven't been to a beach for years so i figured I'd bring you here."

He brings his lips down and we kissed softly.

"It's a nice evening.The moon,the ocean are just beautiful." I said after awhile.

"Just like you." I shot him a 'really' look."What? It's true." He laughed.