Chapter 21

Skylar

I haven't seen Rose around lately.Where is she? In other news,the dance is this weekend.And i maybe won't go.I don't really like dances event and other stuff like that.I can say that i'm kinda' a private person but still gets in trouble a lot of times.

"Oh come on Skylar,you have to go to the dance," My best friend who is also my roomate,Hayley pleads for the fifth time today.

"Nope.That's my final answer.I'd rather train with Guardian Hathaway than go to the dance.Besides,who am i going to go with? You're going with Damon." I rolled my eyes."I'm not going to be a third wheel."

"Oh,you haven't heard..." She looks at me in a sympathetically way.

"Heard what?" I asked slowly.

"Guardian Hathaway is not here anymore.Rumours said that Guardian Croft formed an Elite team and he chosed Guardian Hathaway as the leader of the team.I was there when she left.You should've seen Guardian Belikov.He actually cried.Seriously,they are so in love." Let me tell you something.Hayley is a hopeless romantic."They- "

"Wait.Guardian Belikov didn't go with her?" I asked,cutting her off.

"No.I don't know why though.And i know that you and Guardian Hathaway are close.I thought you knew about this." She then continue to dig in my closet to find a nice dress for me even though i'm not going.

"I didn't.And she would've told me." I felt worried and sadness for her.Worried that she might get hurt or worse- killed.Sad that i don't get to see her that much.Who's going to mentor me now?"Um,Hayley.I gotta go talk to Guardian Belikov."

"Why? Nevermind,just go." I nodded then left to Guardian Belikov's room.

I knocked twice on his door then Guardian Belikov opens it.He sighs.He's been expecting me.

"Come on in," He sighs.I went in and Zander's in here too.

"What are you doing here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I'm guessing the same reason you're here." He gave me a tight smile.

"Hey Guardian Belikov,why didn't you tell me- " I looked at Zander,briefly."Us,that Rose left?"

"She left just about a few hours ago.Didn't you hear the rumours?" He asked as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Sorta' " I pursed my lips."I just found out."

"Me too." Zander added.

"Why didn't she told us- specifically,me?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"She left in a short notice.After we finished our session that morning she got called to Alberta's office.So,she went and after she got back,she told us,me,Lord Ozera,and Queen Lissa that she has to leave in 10 minutes.So,there's not much time to say goodbye's and all that.She's the leader of an Elite team.She'll be gone for 4 months.But she'll be back." He gave us a tight smile.He don't have to tell us what the Elite team do.They hunt Strigoi down and kill them.Zander put his hand on Dimitri's shoulder,comfortingly.

"Guardian Hathaway is strong.She can get through it." Zander said,confidently.

"Yeah.I mean she's like a Strigoi killing machine." I joked.That only earned me a smile from both of them."And she'd probably kick your ass."

"Yeah.Sometimes she win and sometimes i win.We're equal.We're the same.That's what she said." He laughed a bit as he shook his head."You guys better go.It's getting late."

Me and Zander got up then headed for the door.Then a question popped into my head.

"Wait.Who's gonna train me now?"

He half-smiled."Me of course,i'll see you guys."

"Did you saw his eyes?" Zander asked suddenly.I did.

"Yeah.Puffy red,like he's been crying.I felt bad for him,really.And i'm so worried for Rose.Who would've thought i'd thought of my mentor as my sister."

"Yeah." We walk in silence after that but when we were about to apart Zander holds me up."Skylar,wait." He stood in front of me."Um,are you going to the dance?"

My hands are suddenly sweaty."I don't know." I said,unsure.

"Um,would you maybe want to go with me?" He's voice shaking."As- as my- my date?"

I'm shocked.I never thought he'd asked me."Uhh...Yes,i'd love to." I smiled at him sweetly.

He looked relief."Great." He rubs the back of his neck."Goodnight."

"Goodnight,Zander."

Dimitri 

When they left,i grabbed a photo of Rose that i've always love.I lay on my bed and just stare at it,remembering the good and the bad moments of her.I hope she's alright.I really wanted to go with her.She wants me to stay here,because she know that i can protect Lissa and Christian.And i will.

I woke up,realizing that i still have the photo of Rose in my hand.I smile at it.I hope she's doing fine.I stare at the empty spot beside me,and my smile faltered a bit.I felt lonely without Rose.No one can ever makes me feel like this,except for Rose.She brings out feeling that i didn't know i have.I sigh silently,then get up.Morning session as usual with Zander and Skylar.I'll make them do laps,sparring,staking,new fighting techniques.And maybe teach them some of my moves and Rose's.She really love those kids.I do too.Rose believe that they will be great guardians one day,and i believe her.Those kids has gotten better and better since we trained them.Even seniors can't beat them.They know self-control,disciplined,focus,everything a guardian needs to know.

After i got dressed,i decided to go eat breakfast.It's still pretty early,so there aren't a lot of people around.

"You look like you need a company," Said a women guardian whom i don't know.She slid in the seat in front of me.I just stare at her."Oh sorry,i'm Guardian Emma Roth.I'm new here." No wonder.

I held out my hand and put on a small smile on my face."Oh.I'm- "

"Guardian Dimitri Belikov," She interrupted me."Yeah i know you," She said as she took a bite of her sandwich."Basically,everyone knows who you are.With the whole prison break thing with the infamous Guardian Rose Hathaway."

"Yeah,right." I chuckled a bit."And you seem pretty young.When did you graduate?"

"Same as Rose,well i went to different academy.But i'm the same age as her.You know,i really admire you guys."

"Well,thanks.Nice to meet you,Guardian Roth.I have to go now,i got some private morning lessons with some of the students here." I grabbed my black coffee then went to the gym.Emma is pretty tall for a dhampir,blonde hair,crystal blue eyes.

I did some warm up stretches,did some push-ups,(doing all this to distract myself.) sit-ups,laps,everything in 40 minutes.Then,i sat down on the mat with my western novel that i'm currently reading just to keep my mind off of Rose.Zander will probably be here in another 20 minutes.So,i got time.After trying to read for a couple times,i put the book down then went to the punching bags.Right jab,left jab,double right kick.Somehow,flashes of images of Rose..dead,flashed in front of me everytime i hit the bag.I shut my eyes tight,wanting it to go away and started hitting again.

"Guardian Belikov!" Shouted Zander,making me snapped back into reality.I stopped and step away from the punching bag.My breathing shallows.I grabbed a towel and wiped off the sweats on my head."Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah.I was just.. " I trailed off,i didn't even know what that was.Skylar then came through the door.

"Let's start." She said excitedly as she dropped her duffel bag.