Chapter 19

Skylar's POV

Rose or Guardian Hathaway invited me and Zander for dinner tonight.When i asked her,what's the occasion she told me "You know,just hangin' out." She has been training me hard since i first met her.I could honestly say that she's like a sister to me since she's just a few years older than me.I respect her,i really do.I've heard a lot of bad rumours when she was a novice and i felt bad for actually believe one of them.Honestly,i don't even have a lot of friends.So,yeah.Training with Rose is my favourite time.She's cool.And Guardian Belikov too or Dimitri.I still can't believe they went tgrough so much just to be together.And because of Rose,i'm one of the top novices.Zander too.They've trained us good.And for the friends part,i only have like 3 best friends.Evan,Jack and Hayley.We go all the way back to kindergarten.Then,i suddenly heard a couple of knocks on my door.I went to open it,and it reveals Zander.Leaning against the door frame.

"You ready yet?" He asked as his eyes scanned me from the top to the bottom.I blushed a little,but i don't think he notices it.

"Yeah.Let's go." I closed my door and started to walk with Zander to Rose and Dimitri's room.

"You look nice by the way," He said,rubbing the back of his neck.I admit Zander is hot and cute and everything but he's also a very shy person.

"Thanks.You look not bad yourself,Zandie." I smirked.He rolled his eyes at my choice of nicknames.

"Um,Skylar.I want to give you this." He pulled out a necklace from his back pocket.It was so beautiful."My mother got this from my grandma.She said it was meant for a great guardian.When she was dying,she told me to keep it and pass it on to someone i really believe would be a great guardian." My heart melts at that."And that someone is you."

"Oh,Zander.I can't.Besides,i'm still a novice." I laughed a bit.He put on his lopsided smile trademark.

"You are but not for long.I can tell you're gonna be a great guardian.Sure you're reckless sometimes but you are going to be a great guardian,like Rose." He put it on for me."You look beautiful." He whispers as his cheeks turns red a little.I blushed.

"Thanks." We stare at each other for a couple long minutes."Um..i think we should go."

"Ye-yeah."  

(A/N - Just thought you guys could get to know them better.) Now,back to the story :D

Rose's POV

"Hey guys," i greeted them with a smile on my face."Come on,dinner's ready."

We as in Dimitri and me thought that it would be nice to have dinner with our favourite students and also we decided that even though they are still 16 they deserve a stake.They are better than any other novices here.They don't let stupid things distract them.And Dimitri pretty much cooked dinner because i can't.

"You guys cooked this?" Zander arched an eyebrow.Apparently,i'm the only one who can't do that.

"Well,Dimitri did," i admitted."And yeah,Russian food." Zander smile widened.Skylar cringed.

"It's delicious,trust me.I used to think Russian foods are gross but when i finally taste one,i realized i was so wrong." True.

"That's true.But if you ever come to Russia,the foods at the restaurants might not be as good as this one." Dimitri interrupt.

"He's a great cooker.Now,come on.Let's eat." I just realized that i'm freaking hungry!

"Mmm,this is good," Skylar saod as she chew the blini.

"It's been a long time since i eaten a blini,and Skylar's right.This is so good." Zander said.

"Well,thank you." Dimitri said happily."I'm glad you guys like it."

"Guardian Belikov,maybe you should be a chef." We laughed at that."Where did you learn to cook?"

"Yeah,where did you?" Zander added.

"My mother,Olena." He said proudly.

"A lovely women she is," I miss the Belikovas.

They keep asking us about guardians stuff and praising Dimitri for his amazing foods throughout dinner.

"Beautiful necklace Skylar," I just noticed it.

"Huh? Oh,yeah." She blushed a little.

Then Dimitri started to speak Russian with Zander and i caught only a few words like 'courage' and 'nice'.I exchange looks with Skylar and rolled my eyes.

"Come on guys," I said cutting off their conversation."What are you talking about?" I eyed them curiously.

"Nothing,just guardian stuff." Dimitri lied.I raised my eyebrows and he gave the face that said 'i'll tell you later'.

"So,why did you guys invite us to dinner?" Skylar asked.

"What? Couldn't teachers invite their favourite students to dinner?" Skylar rolled her eyes."Okay,fine." I nodded at Dimitri then he left to get their present.Zander and Skylar exchange curious looks.Then Dimitri came back with two box in hands.

"What is that?" Asked Zander,smiling.

"This is our gift to you.You guys changed so much since me and Rose started to be your mentor.More independent,smart,strong,disciplined." That last part Dimitri said to Skylar and she smiled, knowingly."You guys are the best novices here.Trully dedicated to Moroi."

"So we thought we'd give you guys this," i hand them each one of the box.

They opened it and gasped.Then they take the stakes out.

"Th-this is- thank you." Skylar smiled gratefully.

"It even have my name engraved on it." Said Zander,admiring his stake.

"Mine too." Skylar hugs me then Dimitri.

"Thank you guys.We love it." Said Zander.

"Yeah but don't show it to your friends and keep it hidden.Okay?" I instructed.

"Okay." They said thanks again then left.

I sigh."So that went well," I wrapped my arms around Dimitri.He put his hands around my waist.

"It did," He kissed me softly.

"So,what did you talk about with Zander?" I raised my eyebrows.

"About Skylar's necklace." I was about to ask him but he cuts me off."Zander gave it to her on the way here."

"That's sweet of him." I kissed Dimitri again."You're tired?"

"Yeah." He sighed.

"Me too.Come on,let's get some sleep." I kiss him again,but this time he deepens it.And soon enogh my legs are wrapped around his waist.

"God,i love you Roza," he whispers,making me shiver slightly.

"I love you Comrade." I said breathlessly.He kisses me hard then pulled away.

"Sleep can wait." He said,smiling.