Chapter 34

Rose

I just left the hospital 2 days ago after staying in it for a week.I practically had to beg Dimitri to take me out of the hospital.

And I am getting worse each day.The doctors still don't know what's inside of me.Dr.Hales told me that this thing that is inside of me is...making me weaker each second and eventually...if they still haven't found a way to get it out of me..it'll kill me.I told her to not tell anyone else and she obliged.I know I should tell Dimitri but I don't want to see him in pain.In more pain.His guarding Christian half a day and the rest he'd come home and take care of me.He didn't have to though.I still can take care of myself.I can walk.

My appearance has changed rapidly.I'm skinny and paler,even more than the Moroi.I can barely feel my muscles anymore,I don't even think I have them anymore.Bags under my eyes.I just look really horrible.Even I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror.I barely eat these days,because I'm afraid that I'd throw up a few hours after.I walk around Court to take some fresh air but I'd have to have a company with me.

I heard the front door shut and knew that Dimitri just came back from guarding Christian.He sat down beside me and I lay my head on his chest.

"How was your day?" I asked.

"Just the usual.We'd have to go back to the academy soon because Christian needs to teach the Moroi fighting classes and Lissa has insisted on you coming with us."

"What about Lissa?" Even though I'm not on duty for awhile,I'm still her head guardian.

"She'll catch up in another three weeks.Don't worry,she has the best protection." Said Dimitri,who always seems to know what I'm thinking. 

"Okay." I sighed and lean my head back on his chest.

"So how are you feeling today?" He asked quietly.

"Okay..I guess.." I felt like I've been crammed up in this for years."Hey mind if I take a walk? Alone?" I'd have to tell him where I'm going every time and what I'm doing so he always knows where to find me.

"Alone? Are you sure you're going to be okay?"

"Yeah." I gave him a reassuring smile."Just for a bit.Don't worry." I grabbed my jacket and went out.

I shivered and pull my jacket tighter around me as the cold night breeze through me.The stars are out and a full moon.Beautiful night.

"Rose Hathaway?" A voice came from behind me.I turned around to see my former classmate,Shane.

"Shane? What are you doing here?"

"My charge has some business to do and so we're staying here for a week.She gave me a day off today and tomorrow."

"Your charge is..Camille Conta? Must be hard."

"Nah.Not really.She can be nice.And you," he looks at me,up and down."Wow."

"Shut up.I know I look horrible." He smiled.

"Yeah you do." He chuckled."I've heard what happened.Guardian Belikov brought you to the hospital,unconscious.Are you okay now?"

"Getting better." I lied.

"You know I've always knew there's some kind of special connection between you and Guardian Belikov but I never thought you two are lovers.It's pretty weird to think about it,I mean you were a really bad novice and he's a respectful guardian." Everybody thinks that.

"Yeah." The corner of my lips curled into a smile."And I see that you've matured." He laughs.

"You too." I saw 4 molnija marks on the back of his neck.