Chapter 1

Rose's POV

"Love fades.Mine has." Dimitri said.His voice was soft.I stared at him in disbelief.My heart ached.I could feel tears coming.I looked away and swallowed the tears.I got up and walked out of the church fast.I am not going to let him see me cry.As soon as i got out of the church,i ran to my room.I slammed the door closed.My back against the door and slowly,sliding down.The tears that i swallowed came back.And this time i let it out.Those four horrible words he said echoed in my mind.I burried my face with my hands.How could he say that? After all we have been through.After all I have been through for him!

I dropped out of school for him. I endangered my chance to be Lissa's guardian for fuck sake! The tears are coming out viciously.My breathing becomes shallow.I love him.How could he say that?!

Dimitri's POV

"Love fades.Mine has." i said softly.I watched her as she stared at me in disbelief.She looked away,got up then walked out of the church fastly.I don't know why but i felt like i have to run after her and hold her.

"Hey," One of my guard said.Mikhail.I just stay silent."I heard what you said to Rose." He paused."How could you say that to her? Do you know what she had been through for you? She saved you--sure,Lissa saved you too but Rose did most of the work.She wouldn't give up on you.And now you're pushing her away.Saying that you have given up on her." My heart terribly aches for her."Don't push her away.I know that you still love her.You're going to regret this in the future,believe me." i looked at him.

What he said,were all true.I don't think i could ever feel love again but seeing her like that,brought back the feelings.

"Thank you,Mikhail." I got up.

"Now go,and this time don't mess it up" he smiled."And don't worry i'll talk to the guards."

I smiled back and nodded.I walked out of the church and ran to Rose's room because i know that she's there.I'm about to knock on her door when out of nowhere a Strigoi yanked me back and i fell.I got up fast and attacked the Strigoi.But he was fast.And i could tell that he's ancient.

"You! I know you! You're one of Galina's friend.Rumours said that you turned back into a dhampir but i didn't believe them.I--"

I cut him off by lunging at him.I kicked him on the ribs.Then he shrieked.I was about to reach for my stake but then i remembered that i don't have it.They won't give me a stake because they still don't believe that i fully turned into a dhampir back.Hell,i didn't believe myself.

I muttered some curse words in Russian.I tried to punch his face but he caught my arm and pinned me down.His fangs popped out and i know that he's going to turn me into a Strigoi back,but before his fangs touch my neck someone tackeled him.Rose.

She got up fast and lunged at the Strigoi with a stake in her right hand with a tight grip.The Strigoi moved away but not fast enough.Rose slashed his cheek with her stake and he screamed.Rose was about to stake him in his heart but the Strigoi caught her hand and threw her to the wall.I went at Rose but before i got to her the Strigoi yanked me back again and threw me to the ground.I felt dizzy and felt like throwing up,but i pushed that away.I tried to kick him in the knee but he caught my leg and threw me to ground again.Man,this Strigoi is really good at catching.The Strigoi came at me with his evil grin.I saw Rose got up and took the chance.She tackled the Strigoi again and pinned him down,quickly staking his heart.The Strigoi was dead within seconds.Rose got up and started swaying around.She started to fall but i caught her just in time.She was unconscious.Her head was bleeding.I picked her up and ran to the infirmary in court.

This reminds me of the time in St.Vlads.The time Natalie--Strigoi Natalie attacked her.I murmered her name in Russian as i ran to the infirmary.

When i got there,i screamed for help.The nurses put her in a gurney and pushed her into a room.I sat outside the room.Crying,hoping that she would be okay.

Rose's POV

I fluttered my eyes opened.And realize that i am in the infirmary at court.I tried to sit up but Dimitri pushed me back down gently.I didn't even realize that he's here.And i felt relief that he wasn't dead.

"Dimitri are you okay? are you hurt?" i asked worriedly.

He flashed me one of his rare smile."You're unbelievable.You're the one who got hurt but you still worry about me.And yes,i'm fine.And lay down and relax." I just now realized that his eyes were puffy red.He held my hand."Roza,i'm so sorry.If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here."

Roza? When's the last time he called me that? And i thought he said his love for me has fades."You know i'd do anything to save you,even though you said your love for me had faded." I said bitterly."...i still care about you." and love you.I added in my mind.

He looked like he was about to cry again."Roza,i'm sorry for saying that.I didn't mean it.I was just trying to protect you from me.I thought it would make you better but i ended up hurting you more." he sighed."I'm sorry.I love you always." My breath caught when he said 'i love you'."I get it if you don't want to have anything with me anymore just know that i will always love you.Always have and always will." He was about to let go of my hand but i caught it.

"Dimitri,you know that i have always love you and probably always will." i said in the-matter-of-factly."I know that you are going through a hard time right now but i'll be here to help you.Stop pushing me away,let me in.I'll help you get through this.We WILL get through this--together.I promise you that."

"And i promise that i won't ever hurt you again."

And with that he smashed his lips into mine.I quickly responded.The kiss was like any other kiss that i had with Dimitri.There were always sparks and electricity.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Comrade." i said after we pulled away from the kiss to breathe.

So,this is my first VA Fan-Fic that i have ever write.So give me a chance.If you like it Vote! and Comment! and thanks for reading. ~Mariam ツ