Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion

"You have a garden in your house," Harry could not help but raise an eyebrow. 

"Well, it's not exactly in the house, but it is surrounded by it," Sirius said. "But it's not like I spend any time in it. It's also not like there has been anyone in the house to take care of the garden for the last twelve years."

"With me around, there is no need for anyone or anything else," Krinos chuckled.

"Just prepare yourself for a horrible graveyard of plants," Sirius said.

"I can not wait to see your powers in action, Krinos," Harry smiled at his new friend.

"I will try not to disappoint," Krinos smirked.

Sirius had led his godson and the Greek nature mage up to the second floor of Number Twelve. Turning the opposite way of the bedroom hallways. Unfortunately for Harry and Krinos, they were followed by Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. While Harry wanted to try and salvage his friendship with the three, but they still needed to learn that he was not going to just forgive and forget every time they wronged him.

While he may have forgiven both of his best friends, both Ron and Hermione still do not seem to get what they did was wrong and hurt him. 

First was in his third year when Sirius had sent him his firebolt. When Harry gets his Firebolt, which Sirius sent but none of them knew for sure, she went right to McGonagall instead of asking Harry to do it himself. And she did it behind his back and he almost lost a gift from his godfather. You could argue that she was trying to look out for him, but she could have looked out for him by not going behind his back and talking to him. Harry had just wanted to forget about the broom for a bit and have fun with his friends, but Hermione did not even wait an hour before she betrayed his trust and went to McGonagall.

And did he even have to explain why he was wary of Ron? The dude betrayed him last year and spent over a month being nothing but a giant bully toward him and anyone that did not believe that he did not place his name in the goblet. He even wore one of those pathetic "Harry Potter Stinks" badges. Ron has always been so obsessed with fame and money that he forgets that Harry only got his because his parents were murdered and he survived a murder attempt. He barely even said that he was sorry and has been acting like he never did anything wrong at all.

And in terms of Ginny, he had done plenty of thinking while locked up at Durzkaban. He discovered that she was incredibly selfish. When he reflected on his second year, he remembered everything that both Voldemort's memory had told him and things that he had happened at certain times. Harry had the diary for about a month before Ginny had stolen it back and yet another month had passed before Hermione and Penelope had been petrified. All she had done was just go back to writing in a book that talked back to her. And according to Riddle, Ginny had known that something was wrong with her and that she was involved along with the diary. But even after being out of its influence, she still did nothing. She was so selfish about her own chance of getting expelled that she was willing to let lives be put in danger.

Sirius led them to a wooden double door. Opening them, there was a metal gate on the other side of them. But they could all easily see the dead vines twisted around the gate metal bars.

"It hurts my heart already and I can barely see anything," Krinos dramatically placed a hand over his heart.

Harry patted him on the back while chuckling.

Sirius then pushed the gates open and they all entered a courtyard-like area filled from wall to wall with dead plants. Trees, bushes, flower bunches, vines, and even a vegetable and fruit patch were all nothing but dark brown, gray, and even black plants. There were also a couple of benches, tables, chairs, and a fountain with a raven statue on it. All of them were covered by the dead plants that had obviously had grown out of control before they had died. The ceiling over their heads was a glass dome similar to what would be over a greenhouse.