Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns

Okay, probably the first thing that Harry realized about Crystal Rose and its students was that none of them were ever going to take things lying down. They took no prisoners and were very glad not to. And he was not talking about the demons that Krinos and Olivia had previously mentioned. He was talking about literally anything and anyone that annoyed them. 

That had pretty much started right away after all of the students had been finished being sorted into their new houses. Harry had not paid much attention to them since he did not know any of the younger years other than Ginny, Luna, and Colin Creevey. Ginny had actually gone to Dryad with Hermione and Ron while Luna and Colin both went to Unicorn.

Harry was already pretty happy being in Winter Wolf. T'challa was a very nice guy and he was quick to make him feel at home. Just from looking at all the Winter Wolf students, they were all very unique. T'challa introduced him to some of his new housemates. There was Hawk, the half-harpy boy that Krinos told them about earlier, two other boys called White Forest and Jake Marble as well as a girl named Emma Spirit.

He already knew Hawk's powers because Krinos told him, and the rest told him their powers when they introduced themselves. White was a nature mage like Krinos, but his magic allowed him to shapeshift into animals that have been fused with plants and trees. Jake was an animation mage that had the power to bring inanimate things to life, mostly statues and suits of armor. And Emma was the daughter of a human mystic soul and an air spirit, giving her the ability to control air.

As everyone was eating, Harry noticed the Hogwarts staff with the Crystal Rose teachers. They were all sitting at the table for the teachers. He noticed that Dumbledore was talking with Headmistress Jiwe and she was looking very annoyed. She looked close to be wanting to call back her lion and have him take care of Dumbledore for her.

"Your headmistress does not look happy with Dumbledore," Harry tells T'challa. "I wonder what he said to her."

"You know, for him being your own headmaster, you seem very quick to say that he is the one that fault," T'challa said.

"Well, let's just say that he tends to always talk first and use his brain never when it comes to trying to get people to do as he wants," Harry says as he takes another bite of his food.

It was certainly something else that he liked about Crystal Rose. When the food had appeared, it was not just Greek food, but food from all over the world. He knew that Crystal Rose did have students that have come from all over the globe, but he was still shocked by the food that appeared on the table. The only time that Hogwarts had international food was when the tournament was going on and they had the students from Drumstrang and Beauxbatons in the school as well. But other than them, it was just plain English food.

Though, he did wish that there were more options at Hogwarts. Just from the food, he could see on the table in front of him, he saw many types of dishes. Seafood paella from Spain, poutine from Canada, Mexican tacos, Pho from Vietnam, Peking duck from China, and Japanese sushi. He even saw vegetarian and vegan options as well. Hogwarts did not have those types of options even for those that need them. 

Like, Harry knew that the Patil twins came from a very traditional Hindu-Indian family, which meant that neither of them ate beef. And beef is featured a lot at Hogwarts meal times, so that left them both with usually few options. Especially since the vegetables served were usually just plain boiled or pan-fried. He also knew that Tracy Davis of Slytherin was born with a low form of diabetes and she could not have very much sugar in her day-to-day diet. But with most of the beverages served at Hogwarts being the very sweet pumpkin juice, she really could only drink plain water from an enchanted water bottle her parents sent her one year. And she has to keep it secret in fear it might be confiscated since other students have all had similar things taken from them by the teachers.