Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas

Harry was practically going a happy dance from where he was sitting. Something that both Krinos and T'challa found to be really funny. Neville was still in shock over everything that he had just learned. Luna, on the other hand, looked as calm as ever.

Harry was smiling so much that he had no idea that his mouth could form a smile as large as the one on his face.

"Congratulations, Harry," Krinos tells him. "I knew that Sirius would be given sanctuary and the freedom that he deserves."

"I just... It's almost hard to believe," Harry admitted. "I have wanted this for so long that it's almost like a dream now that it has finally happened."

"Everyone deserves to have some type of parent around, Harry," Krinos says. "After our parents were killed, Melody and I were lucky to have Olivia and her parents."

"And I was lucky for my father to adopt me," T'challa added. "Family is the most important thing in the world. Treasure any family you have as long as you truly see them and want them as your family."

While Harry was shocked and happy beyond belief, he could not help but still look at Neville. Neville did not know about Sirius, yet, beyond what had happened in their third year at Hogwarts. So, it must be really shocking to Neville that Sirius was innocent the entire time. Plus, there was also the revelation about a mass murderer pretending to be Ron's rat. Which meant that he had slept in the same dorm as a murderer for three years and never knew.

"Sirius... Black... is your... godfather," Neville finally managed to find his voice.

Harry nodded. "Yes, he is. I had been planning to tell you, Neville, but I just could never find the right moment. After all, how do you tell one of your best friends that your godfather is a suspected mass murderer that is actually innocent but your corrupt government will never let you prove it?"

Neville looked to be somewhere between happy that Harry was calling him one of his best friends and still shocked at what he had just heard.

"Neville Longbottom is not here at the moment, please leave a message after the beep," Luna said. "Beep."

That actually got them all to laugh at the very mundane joke that Luna had just told. It fit their current situation while also just being so generally funny. Plus, Luna is a third-generation witch, so her knowing a joke used by mundanes made it extra funny.

"You really are full of surprises, aren't you, Luna," Harry chuckled.

"The best people are," Luna giggled. "Just ask the redhead doppelgangers."

Krinos and T'challa raised their eyebrows at that.

"I think she means Fred and George," Neville said.

"Oh," both the mystic soul teens realized.

Neville turned back to Harry.

"While it would have been nice to know all this sooner, I am still happy for you, Harry," he tells him while smiling. "I would give anything for a miracle like what just happened for you."

Harry put his hand on Neville's shoulder.

"I am sure a miracle will happen sooner or later, Nev," he says. "If I can have a family, then so can you."

"Thanks, Harry," Neville smiled at him.

Harry knew that Neville did have some hope for his parents. Not just because potions are always being invented on top of how there could be some international potions that might work, but there is also Hestia. Harry thought that if Neville would just explain to Hestia about his situation and then ask her to try, then Hestia would be more than happy to try and help Neville's parents. Hestia was a really sweet girl and would probably love to help Neville and his parents.