Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm

"That's it, Harry," Krinos instructed him. "All you need to do is focus and then you will have more control of your powers."

Harry was taking in deep breaths as he was holding his hands up. There was a small cloud in front of him that Krinos was helping him control. The cloud was a dark gray color, but Harry was able to keep it contained. Other than that single cloud, there were no other areas being affected. It was definitely showing that Harry was doing better with his powers.

"I am beginning to feel like Storm from X-Men," Harry said.

"I always wondered if Stan Lee was secretly someone from the magical community," Krinos chuckled. "If anything, he might have been a descendant from one of the muses with how creative that he was."

"You like thinking that all the best things in the muggle world are really created by magical people, don't you," Harry chuckled.

"Well, it's not like mundanes have ever been anything other than violent people that attack others just for being different," Krinos crossed his arms. "In the magical world, there is no such thing as sexism or homophobia. There are people that are racist because of blood status or creature blood, but hate will always exist no matter what."

"Why do you all hate muggles... er... mundanes so much," Harry was still getting used to using that word instead of 'muggles.' "I noticed that everyone here does not like them."

Krinos sighed. "I knew this would come up sooner or later. But, in all honesty, mystic souls all believe that the magical and mundane worlds need to be kept separate. They should only ever cross if there is nothing else that can be done. Such as when a magical being is born to two non-magical people like first-generation mages."

"I know that things were bad in the past, but do you really think mug... mundanes would still be as bad in modern times," Harry could not help but ask.

"There is a saying that mystic souls live by when it comes to the relationship between the mundane and magical worlds," Krinos says. "Mundanes fear that they do not understand. And what they fear, they will try to destroy.' Mundanes will never accept magic because they will never be able to fully understand it. Yes, there will be those that accept us, but the vast majority will hate and fear us."

Harry was not the type of person to really want to judge others based on the actions of the few. It was why he did not hate the whole of Slytherin just because he hated Draco, Snape, Lucius, and Voldemort. But, when it came to mundanes, he actually did believe Krinos. He had grown up in the mundane world, so he knew that they are quick to judge and attack based entirely on it being the easiest thing to do rather than actually trying to think of something else to do.

He had experienced a lot of that as he had grown up. After all, because he had always been different, the Dursleys always called him "Freak." And even when it was not his relatives, it was everyone else around him. All his neighbors had chosen to believe the Dursleys' lies about him being a delinquent and a liar instead of seeing the abuse right in front of their eyes. And with his teachers at school, all of them also chose to believe the lies even when they were witnesses to when Dudley and his gang would beat him up or when he would come to school with cuts and bruises and broken bones. So many people saw that he was not being treated right and yet they chose to look the other way because he was different and it was easier to look the other way.

So, he did understand why mystic souls would not see any world where magic and mundanes could ever mix.

"I understand," Harry tells Krinos. "I've lived with mundanes for most of my life and I definitely know that they would never be okay with magic. In fact, they made their hatred of magic very clear."