Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers

"He got off. He got off. He got off," Fred and George sang after they heard about Harry getting off from his charges.

They danced around the dark-haired boy, much to the enjoyment of Harry and the annoyance of their mother. Olivia, Sirius, and Remus stood at the side of the room, smiling as they watched how much Harry enjoyed Fred and George's antics.

"It's so sweet how much those two obviously care for Harry," Olivia tells the two men.

"Since the day I met Harry, it has always been clear that he has the biggest heart," Remus said. "Despite how he grew up and little love was shown to him, his capacity to love is boundless."

"He is probably the most selfless person you could ever meet," Sirius said. "He cares more about others than he ever will himself."

"The more I learn about him, the more I question his home life," Olivia says.

Remus cursed under his breath. He should not have let that slip about Harry's home life. Harry always made it known how much he hates the Dursleys, but he hardly ever gives any actual details about his life with them. All he ever says that they make him do a lot of chores and that they hate magic. He does not talk much else about them. He and Sirius were both aware that it was most likely that he was being abused. Most abused children do not share their abuse with others because they had basically been conditioned to believe that no one would ever help them.

Harry has spent years with those horrible muggles and even though he is aware that what they were doing to him was wrong, he had always failed to actually get help. And it did not help that in almost every situation he had with adults, they had proven themselves untrustworthy to him. From the neighbors and primary school teachers that looked at him and never suspected abuse, choosing to instead believe the lies the Dursleys told about him, to even the teachers at Hogwarts that never did anything against bullying or discrimination. Sirius, Remus, and Olivia were probably the only adults that he actually trusted. But telling others about the abuse they go through was a lot harder than non-abused people think.

"Harry does not like to talk about his relatives," Sirius tried to steer Olivia away from the subject.

"Sirius, I know a victim of abuse when I see one," Olivia tells him.

"Did Harry..." Sirius tried to ask but stopped himself.

He knew that even if he trusted Olivia, Harry would not reveal anything on purpose to someone he only met a week ago. But he might have said something by accident or just reacted to something in a way that made her suspicious. Sirius certainly noticed things that Harry did that told him more about the abuse that Harry suffers.

Like how he almost subconsciously jumps whenever a sudden loud noise happens. The first time that Harry had heard his mother's screaming portrait, he basically had jumped five feet in the air. There was also how Harry hated having anyone approach him from behind. Remus was in the family library with him once and tapped him on the shoulder to ask if he was hungry. But he had done that from behind and Harry had jumped away from him and looked to be reaching for his wand as if he needed to immediately defend himself against something... or someone.

"I worked a lot of cases when I was an assistant lawyer," Olivia said. "And if a case is serious enough, the magic council also deals with family court cases or abuse accusations. Child abuse is a lot more common than people like to believe."

"It is," Remus had been a teacher, even if only for a single year, and he hated the idea of more children out there being abused.

"Modern statistics say that roughly 6.6 million children every year are abused but only 3.6 million of those children actually have their cases investigated," Olivia hated reality sometimes. "And over 90 percent of those children are abused by someone in their own family or at the very least by someone they know."