Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind

"So, mystic souls are naturally protected from having their minds read," Fred raised an eyebrow.

"That makes me very jealous even if Krinos said that we also could potentially be mystic souls," George stated.

Harry was explaining to the two of them more about his lessons with Megi. The two of them were still very confused about the difference between telepathy and wand-user occlumency and legilimency. Harry knew that the twins were a lot smart than most people gave them credit for, but it was easy to see why they would be confused by the difference between the two things.

"According to Megi, mystic souls have minds that are too magically protected for wand-user mind reading," Harry tries to explain to them again. "Occlumency and legilimency, while a difficult art to learn for wand-users, would never be able to work on mystic souls."

"But, what makes those things different from telepathy," Fred asked him.

"They are both mind-reading powers, after all," George added.

"What mainly makes them different is that telepathy is a lot more than just reading minds," Harry continues explaining. "If you take Megi for example, her telepathy is the most powerful form currently being used right now. Since no two-mystic souls are the same, it means that right now, she is the only one with that kind of power."

"Which makes us very lucky that she is on our side," Fred stated.

"Not to mention that she is also a nice person rather than a bully," George shivered at the thought of a telepathic bully.

Harry nodded in agreement with them.

"Megi's powers are very strong," he said. "Such as her also having the power to move things with her mind. But, her actual telepathy is very strong. She can erase memories, create mind links, communicate using thoughts, and even make people think that they are seeing something when it is only in their heads. She calls them mind illusions."

"That is a lot stronger than what occlumency and legilimency are," Fred says.

"They do only involve reading a person's mind," George said.

"Exactly the point that I have been trying to make," Harry tells them. "Telepathy is so much stronger than occlumency and legilimency. It's why those two things do not work on mystic souls, but telepathy does."

"But since your powers have been blocked for so long, she is still teaching you to defend your mind," Fred summarized.

"Something like that can come in handy given that Dumbledore certainly would be the type to read minds whenever he wants," George grumbled.

Harry nodded. "Megi has been teaching me to build my own mind palace in order to protect my mind. Plus, she also says that it is generally very helpful in more ways than just protecting your mind."

"How," both twins asked at the same time.

"I haven't gotten to that part of my lessons, yet," Harry admitted.

"You could ask me directly," a female voice made all three of the boys jump.

Megi walked over to them, obviously having heard part of their conversation.

"Does everyone in this school like sneaking up on people," Harry asked her, holding his hand over his heart.

"We can not really do much sneaking around in this school, to be honest," Megi shrugged. "Nearly everyone has some part of their magic that allows them to sense anyone being near them. Nobody can sneak up on Krinos because his powers over nature allow him to always tell when someone is close by."