Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block

Harry did not usually get nervous about things. He used to, such as before he had his first Quidditch match and before he went to all of his classes for the first time, but nervousness had pretty much been trained out of him because of all the dangerous situations that he had been in since entering the wizarding world. But this was definitely something that he was nervous about.

Sirius was coming to magical Greece to help with the ritual to take the block off his magical core. And while he was glad to see his godfather in person instead of just in the magic mirror, he was really nervous about Sirius possibly getting caught and arrested. He had not had any real interactions with the ministry toad yet, but he knew that she would probably use the killing curse on Sirius herself if she got the chance.

Fred, George, and Krinos did their best to calm him down. But, there was almost nothing that could really calm him down. If Harry thought that it could be physically possible, then he would swear that his heart was going to literally burst out of his chest. And Krinos having told him that there was actually an enchantment that would give anyone the temporary ability to remove hearts without hurting the person whose heart is taken.

Sirius was due to arrive in a few hours and Harry could feel his heart beating faster and faster with every minute that it gets closer to him coming to Greece. Olivia was getting him after she finished up some work she had to do for the Magic Council as well as last-minute preparations for the ritual as well. Krinos was getting ready for it as well and they have also informed Hestia that she would be needed to. The only thing left that was needed was for Sirius to arrive and then the ritual could be done.

Harry was trying to keep his brain distracted until then. He would be a nervous wreck if he did not at least try to defend his own sanity. So, he was in the library as he tried to read up on some potions that could be taught in the mystic soul potion class. He had really been hoping that the potions teacher at Crystal Rose was nothing like Snape. Since he knew that the teacher was the older sister of two of the students, he hoped that she was a good teacher rather than just being able to teach since she had family in the school.

And the potions that he was reading about actually did help him a little with distracting his mind since they all actually did look and sound very cool. There were a lot of potions about vanquishing demons, which was only natural since Krinos told him that they ran into demons a lot in their day-to-day lives. But, he also read up on potions that also sounded very cool. Like a body-switching potion, a hand-grenade potion, a smoke bomb potion, and many others that he either was very eager to try or eager to stay away from.

"Hey, Harry," the sudden voice made Harry nearly jump out of his chair.

The nervous boy looked up and saw that it was just Cedric. The older boy was now in his last year at Hogwarts, so he certainly had gotten some luck since he was spending his last year in a school as amazing as Crystal Rose.

"You scared the bloody hell out of me, Cedric," Harry said, his hand over his heart.

Cedric chuckled, making Harry adorably glare at him. Harry and Cedric had not had that much of a chance to talk since their near-death experience in the graveyard at the end of the third Triwizard task the previous year. Both of them had been too traumatized to talk afterward and being in separate houses and in separate years meant that it made it hard to talk.

"Sorry, Harry," Cedric did not look sorry at all since he was still chuckling. 

Harry just rolled his eyes in response.

"So, how is Griffin treating you," Harry asked him.

"You might not know this since I am known to be popular at Hogwarts, but I can be pretty shy around new people," Cedric tells him. "It if wasn't for Fred and George, I am not sure that I would really talk to anyone."