Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court

To say that Umbridge was doomed would be the understatement of the century. There was not a mystic soul in Greece that was not after her head. Even after she had been arrested, she had to be placed in a private cell away from other prisoners awaiting their trials. And that was because she did the one thing that no one could forgive. She attacked children.

Despite how powerful mystic souls are, attacking children is the most horrible thing anyone could ever do. So, when the other prisoners learned why she had been arrested, they tried to attack her. That led to her being given a private cell. She needed to properly be given a trial before they threw her to the wolves by sending her to prison. After all, they no longer had to care what happened to her once they did.

It wasn't like the Magic Council was cruel. They did make sure their prisons were not torture chambers for criminals. They ensured all prisoners got three meals daily, hot showers, and medical care when needed. But, they did not care about how the prisoners treated each other. Because they knew things like that were all done by the prisoners themselves. They had no control over that. So, if the inmates attack each other or go after a single person, that is on them and not the Magic Council.

Plus, given that it was Umbridge, the Magic Council had even less sympathy for her. No one attacks the children of their country and gets away with it.

"You guys certainly dressed up for this," Harry says as their group walks toward the courtroom.

"While it is not mandatory, we should dress nicely during trials," Krinos tells him.

"As the future heads of our families, we must make the best impressions we can," Melody added.

"Even though none of us would be as stiff as some of our parents can be," T'challa chuckled.

Not all of Crystal Rose had come to the trial. But, the ones with the most political power did come. They were all from the most powerful families in magical Greece. Especially those like Krinos, Melody, Hestia, Daisy, Madison, and White since they were all descendants of the Olympian Mages. Other students that Harry knew who came were T'challa, Hawk, Angela, Charlotte, Mason, Abby, Kryo, Weilan, Celest, and Atem. There were a lot of other students, but Harry had not personally met them, yet.

Only a few Hogwarts students came. And that was because Dumbledore ordered all of them to stay behind. But, Fred, George, and Neville did not listen to him and came anyway. Other students that came were Luna, Cedric, Daphne Greengrass, and Blaise Zabini. There were also a few others from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin, but Harry did not know their names.

All of them were dressed as nicely as they could. Wearing, cloaks, suits, dresses, and jewelry to present them as being from the important families of Greece. Not to mention students from all over the world who were attending on behalf of their own countries. When Umbridge had the dementors attack Crystal Rose, she made a bigger mistake than she would ever realize.

Not only was Harry impressed by the students, but the Magic Council was also proving to be so much better than the British Ministry of Magic. When he had gone there for his "trial," he was honestly underwhelmed by the ministry "building." With how many wards, spells, runes, and enchantments they had access to, he did not understand why the entire ministry was underground. Plus, the entire place was made up of just office buildings with no sense of imagination. Harry also disliked the main fountain. It made it look like goblins and centaurs worshipped wizards, which neither of them would ever do. It was more like a symbol of how delusional the ministry was about how other magical beings see them.

The Magic Council building, however, was one of the most incredible buildings that Harry had ever seen. The entire building was located on the side of a cliff. Literally. The entire place was built against the cliffside of a mountain. Mount Olympus to be specific. Not the mythological version, for obvious reasons, but the actual Mount Olympus. It was the perfect place for the leaders of the Greek magical community. Plus, the view from the many windows along the walls was breathtaking. Plus, even with the dozens of wards, enchantments, and spells used to hide the build, the whole place was actually built with stone-colored slabs similar to what was used to build medieval castles. It helped to camouflage the place in case any of the spells that hid the building failed.