Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic

T'challa did not want to think it, but he was suspecting that Harry might have been a mystic soul. And the reason why he did not want to think it was because if Harry really was a mystic soul, then it must have been for some bad reason to not tell anyone about his powers. The first theory was that he did not even know, which would be for two other potential reasons. One, that living in a place that hates mystic souls, like magical Britain, would have caused him to suppress his own powers subconsciously. Or two, his powers were blocked by an outside force. The other theory was that even when he was friendly with them all, he still had trust issues. 

The jungle cat mage thought that the first theory was probably the most likely reason for Harry not telling anyone about his powers. If he did not even know that he was one of them, then he certainly would have no reason to ever mention the powers that he did not know he had.

When Krinos was telling him and all their friends about Harry, he had mentioned that there was a chance that he and others could have hidden powers. But this was the first actual sign of any one of them having mystic soul magic. They knew that Krinos wouldn't lie to them, but it was still nice to see that his suspicions had some actual proof to back them up.

Harry also obviously had a lot of emotional baggage, which was not good for someone that could possibly have secret mystic soul powers or have blocked powers. Either way, it was going to be a very big explosion once he was unable to hold back his emotions. The more emotions that a mystic soul is feeling, the stronger the magic they release would be.

It was even a known fact that the mystic souls currently in the school that have had very dangerous stuff happen because of their emotionally-powered magic were Krinos, Abby, and Mason. When he was five, Krinos created an entire forest that spread out two miles in all directions around him. But it was a forest that also attacked anyone that had gotten near it. When she was eight, Abby pretty much sealed herself into a giant ice sphere Avatar The Last Airbender style. She had stayed inside of it for a week before being able to control her powers enough to leave the sphere. And Mason had burned everything he touched, including the ground he walked on, and had to run to the nearest mountain in order to be in an environment he could not destroy with his fire. He had only been six, so it could have been a lot worse if he had been older.

All mystic souls were dangerous when they got emotional. It was not that they needed to all become stone-cold and not feel any emotions. They could still feel, but they could just not get overly emotional unless they had complete control of their powers.

When they all got to the greenhouse, T'challa looked at Harry being comforted by the red-headed twins from Griffin. They were obviously very close. And while it could have been just T'challa being a hopeless romantic, he swore that there was something special between the three of them.

"Well, that was certainly something," the jungle cat mage said, trying to make light of the situation.

The three others looked at him, small smiles on their faces. It was obvious that they did appreciate that he was trying to lighten the mood a little bit. But that did not stop them from still looking angry and disappointed with how things currently were for them.

"I don't think that they will ever get it," Harry says.

"Get what," Krinos suddenly appeared, making everyone but T'challa jump.

"You are one sneaky mystic soul," Fred stated.

"And we like that about you," George commented.

"You guys are in the Crystal Rose greenhouse," Krinos shrugged. "So, naturally, I have the advantage when literally in my own environment."

"And Krinos likes to jump scare people in general," T'challa snickered.

"That too," Krinos chuckled.

Krinos then saw his friend and he could easily tell that there was definitely something on his mind. It was one of the few times that he wished that his sister would be around to tell him some gossip. As a music mage, Melody had enhanced hearing. She could hear anything that she wanted to whenever she wished. Most of the time, she is able to control it enough that everything is like white noise other than what is in a normal person's hearing range. But, there definitely were times when she would find out something that she would much rather have never found out.