Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend

Harry slammed the door to his room when he got back up to the family floor.

Hedwig, who had been taking a nap, screeched when her owner/friend had so loudly and angrily came back into the room. She took notice how Harry was both upset and angry over... something. Sometimes, she curses that she can not talk to him since she was an owl. All she could do was provide some silent comfort. So she flew out of her cage and landed next to Harry as he sat on the ground with his back against his bed.

Harry started to pet her, almost unconsciously, when he felt her next to him.

Hardly anyone knew, but Harry would always go to Hedwig whenever he just needed to talk. He could not understand owl speak, but Hedwig was more a friend than she had ever been just an owl. And even while Harry could not understand her, he knew that she understood him and was actually listening whenever he talked.

She was everything that he wanted in a human friend. She was loyal, knew how to listen, and certainly never judged him on things out of his control. He would always go to her to either be soothed by her gentle "Who's" or just to rant about how unfair that the world was sometimes. He went to her a lot during his second and fourth years when he was attacked a lot over being a parseltongue and a Triwizard champion.

"I don't think that I will ever understand it, Hedwig," Harry says as he pets her. "People are so quick to judge others just because they are different. It would be so much easier to just accept everyone for who they are without any issues at all. Anyone that doesn't is just stupid."

Harry had spent his entire life being called a freak by his relatives. And it was for no reason other than just because he was a wizard. But even after years of knowing that he was a wizard, Harry was always so amazed by magic and all of the things that it came with. Like, if not for the giant spiders in the forbidden forest, he would go in there more to talk with the centaurs or to check in on the unicorns to see if they were okay after Voldemort had been hunting them in his first year. And even though the dragons and merpeople terrified him while he was doing the tasks for the tournament, they were still very amazing creatures. He always thought that Charlie Weasley had an amazing job since he was around such incredible dragons all the time.

Magic did not make him a freak. Magic was an incredible thing that held some of the most amazing things that he had ever seen. Flying on brooms, meeting magical creatures, traveling in the blink of an eye. Magic was the farthest thing from freakish and anyone that saw something wrong with being magical was the real freak.

There was a knock on his door, making Harry look up from where he was blankly staring.

"Come in, Sirius," he said.

His godfather came into his room. Sirius could easily see just how angry and sad that Harry was. Even behind glasses, his eyes told him everything he needed to know. He sat down next to the now-fifteen-year-old.

"That was some speech, pup," he tells Harry.

"Krinos's powers are beautiful," Harry said. "You saw the garden that he created. He bends nature to his will and yet while he is so powerful, he does not act like he is invincible or a god. He's confident, but not cocky. But he has also done nothing to them to earn them calling him a monster."

"I am not excusing what Molly called him, but I am afraid that is how mystic souls are normally treated by wand-users, pup," Sirius put his arm over Harry's shoulders to comfort him. "When I was still in Hogwarts, there had been a rumor going around about a member of pureblood family finding out that she was a mystic soul."

"Do you know what happened to her," Harry looked at his godfather.

"As I said, pup, it was only a rumor," Sirius reminds him. "I have no idea if it was even true. You attend Hogwarts, so you should know how a new rumor is basically started every week. Sometimes twice a week."