Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip

Harry walked down the stairs as his trunk had been shrunk and was now hidden in his pocket. It had a function where it could grow and shrink whenever certain passcodes were said to it. He was no actually doing any of the magic since the trunk itself was enchanted, so it was very useful if the ministry tried another of their underage magic schemes on him again. 

Sirius and Krinos walked behind him. None of them were really ready to deal with what was probably more headaches about to be given to them by the annoying trio and the banshee that two of them call a mother.

As Sirius watched his godson make his way down the stairs, he hoped that something would come out of all of the planning that he, Remus, and Olivia did. Harry meant everything to him and he would do anything and everything that he could to keep him safe and happy. He was not about to let anything happen to him when he was able to do something about it. Crystal Rose would hopefully be the place where Harry could finally get time to be himself with no looming threat of death hanging over his head.

Mystic souls might deal with demons a lot, but that was nothing compared to a thousand-year-old basilisk, a hundred dementors, a Hungarian Horntail, and a possessed teacher with a second face growing out of the back of his head. So, even if any demons get into the school, it was still safer for Harry than Hogwarts has been the past four years. Especially if the other mystic souls were able to unlock his powers. He was definitely looking forward to seeing Harry becoming a master of weather magic if Harry wanted his powers unlocked.

"Welcome back, Krinos," Remus smiles as he sees the nature mage walking down the stairs as they all come down to the ground floor.

"Thanks, Remus," Krinos smiled back. "Just thought to pop in make sure Harry was alright. With the idiots that run this country, they might not like how Olivia sued them over their slander against him. They might do more than just send dementors after him."

"So, you actually think that it was someone in the ministry and not Voldemort," Sirius asked the nature mage.

It had not been discussed at length, but Sirius, Remus, and Olivia had not been sure who had actually tried to kill Harry this time. Voldemort would easily have been the number one suspect had it not been for the fact that he had just returned a few months ago, so they doubted that he would have the strength to gain control over the dementors again. Plus, there was no way that he would let anyone or anything other than himself kill Harry. 

And since the ministry had been slandering Harry all summer, it made sense for one of the more corrupt ministry officials to try and use the creatures to try and "shut Harry up." And even when they had failed, the underage magic trial was another chance for them to get Harry out of the way. Whoever did it just did not count on Harry knowing the patronus charm or that he would have a very good lawyer for the trial.

"I just do not think that making a move on Harry so soon would be Voldemort's style if he wanted to keep himself secret," Krinos says. "If Harry, his biggest target, were to be killed, then that might prove that Harry was telling the truth about his return."

"That is a very logical train of thought," Kingsley said.

Kingsley, Mad-Eye Moody, and Tonks were all there to escort them all to King's Cross to make sure that they, mostly Harry, were safe from any other attempts on his life. Though, only Kingsley looked to actually care about Harry while the other two were more focused on everyone but him.

"As a mystic soul, we usually figure out what demons we are dealing with by looking at their victims," Krinos explained. "So, logical detective work is what most of us are used to."

"You seriously need to stop telling such tall tales," Hermione glared at the nature mage. "Mystic souls are not real. Magic without a wand is impossible!"