Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up

To say that Olivia was weirded out when she got a message from Sirius asking her and Krinos if there was such thing as mystic souls with baking magic would be the understatement of the century. And that says something considering that she had been to a lot of different centuries.

Sirius was lucky that there was a two-hour time difference between Britain and Greece. But that did also mean that Sirius had been calling her when it was only six in the morning back in his country. Why he was up at that time, she was about to find out.

Since Krinos had gotten Harry a birthday present anyway, she decided to bring him along with her. He could have gotten to England on his own, but traveling together was more convenient than traveling separately.

When they got back to Number 12, imagine their surprise to see the normally not-panicking Sirius Black in a complete mess. It was like a tornado had struck inside of the kitchen and destroyed every bit of food that they had. There were over a dozen dirty bowls in the sink as well as dirty whisks, spoons, butter knives, and spatulas. There were also broken eggs on the floor and countertop as well as butter melting on the floor from the room temperature. Flour was also everywhere and empty bags of sugar were scattered about as well.

"What in the name of Demeter, Hestia, and Priapus happened in here," Krinos swore.

Naming the goddess of agriculture/food, the goddess of home/cooking, and the god of animal and vegetable fertility spoke volumes about how much a disaster the kitchen was. Especially since as Greek magical beings, they never used the names of the gods in vain like others would. Swearing with their names was pretty common where they were from. They did not consider it taking their names in vain the same way a person that goes to church can still say "oh my god."

They saw Sirius frantically taking a, what was probably supposed to cake, cake out of the oven. It looked really burned and was smoking.

"I think we are about to find out," Olivia said.

The frantic man quickly put the burned cake on the closest counter to him. Then he turned around and saw the two mystic souls standing there.

"I don't think I have ever been so happy to see you two in my life," he looked so relieved.

"Uh... Sirius," Olivia approached him slowly as if he was a wild animal about to attack. "Mind telling us what in the wide world of witchcraft is going on here!"

"What is going on is that I found out that just because I can cook does not mean that I know how to bake," Sirius exclaimed.

"I am both confused, worried, and a little amused," Krinos stated.

"Okay, how about you turn off the oven, sit down, and try to relax," Olivia tells the fugitive. "You're going to give yourself a nervous breakdown."

Sirius took a deep breath before turning off the oven and all three of them sat down at the table. Well, sitting in the few remaining chairs that did not have a layer of flour on them. Sirius did end up face-planting right onto the table as he groaned in frustration.

"I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you okay," Krinos asked.

"I was just trying to give Harry a more memorable birthday," Sirius did not even take his head off of the table.

"Oh, I get it," Olivia said. "You wanted to bake Harry a birthday cake, but failed miserably."

"I think that with how this kitchen looks, he failed more disastrously than miserably," Krinos looked at all of the baking ingredients on the floor.

"Not helping, Krinos," Olivia told her cousin.

"Hey, I'm a Gardna, so being sassy and sarcastic is pretty much in my blood," Krinos chuckled.