Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens

Sirius was definitely going to be getting Dobby some new socks for Yule once the time comes. He could not believe how helpful the energetic elf was. Harry was right when he told him that the elf was crazy, but that did not make him any less helpful. Harry was probably just glad that he had bonded with Dobby and that the elf was no longer trying to "save him" by trying to injure him.

Sirius was packing up as many books as he could from the Black family library. Since he was no longer going to be living in magical Britain, the last thing he needed was to leave all of these books around. Especially since he did not trust his cousins not to try and give them to Voldemort once he made his move. Narcissa would certainly do anything to please both her husband and Voldemort. And Bellatrix was simply downright crazy that was scary loyal to Voldemort.

The wards would not stop either of them because they both were Blacks by blood. The last thing that Sirius wanted was for Voldemort to get his snakey hands on the powerful tombs that are in the family library. Not to mention that he also had Winky clearing every magical artifact in the house as well so that they could not be used, either.

Sirius was happy that he had saved his school trunk from when he had gone to Hogwarts. Enchanting it with both a feather-light charm as well as an everlasting-expanding charm, he could literally put the entire library in the trunk without worrying about how much it would weigh.

Dobby had apparated him right into Number 12. Since house elf magic was so different from wizard magic, the ministry had no way to tell that he was back in the country. He might have surrendered his British citizenship when he accepted sanctuary in magical Greece, but he was not going to leave anything behind for others to use.

He heard the pop of someone else apparating into the house. Since only a few others were allowed to pass through the wards, he had a good idea of who had just come.

"Sirius," he heard the voice of Kingsley. "You here?"

"In the library, Kings," Sirius calls out to him.

He heard the Auror come up the stairs and was soon in the library with him. He looked shocked by the nearly empty shelves but figured that Sirius was making sure that they would be in safe hands. 

"Sirius, are you sure that it's safe to be here," Kingsley was concerned.

"The wards are still up, Kings," Sirius tells him. "And as much as I hate Dumbledore, I doubt that he would release the Fidelius Charm since this is the Order's headquarters."

"But isn't it against the rules of your offered sanctuary to come back to Britain," Kingsley was still worried about his friend.

"Olivia knows that I am here," Sirius says. "Once I told her about what I was doing, she gave me permission to come back in order to collect everything from the house. I couldn't, in good conscience, leave the Black family library behind."

"You are worried about Voldemort getting his hands on them," Kingsley knew about the family members that Sirius had in Voldemort's ranks.

Sirius nodded. "Narcissa and Bellatrix know that the Black family library is located here. Even with the Fidelius Charm on the house, either of them could use the Black family magic to override the charm in order to come into the house. It's a small miracle that neither of them has already done so. Probably because Bellatrix is still in Azkaban and they are waiting for them they can break her and others out."

"Do not look a gift horse in the mouth, Sirius," Kingsley tells him. "They currently know that Dumbledore is out of the country as well as believing that you are not here. They could still decide to come here."

"Another reason to get these books out of here as quickly as possible," Sirius said. "I'm almost finished down here. Next, I will go to the real family library on the family floor."