Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress

*****Meanwhile Back In Magical Britain*****

Sirius was looking through more books in the Black Family Library. Now that Dumb-As-A-Door was in Greece and being watched over by the mystic souls of Crystal Rose, he had more freedom to plan against the old man. And another good reason for Dumbledore being out of the country would be that he was no longer calling useless Order meetings and having many people constantly coming and going. 

The freedom that he had was very useful since there was no way to keep all of the explosions happening a secret. The explosions, of course, were from him practicing potions from books that Krinos and Olivia had sent him. Since he was embracing his mystic soul powers for the first time, he also wanted to be part of their culture and way of life. It had already intrigued him, so it would not shock anyone that knew what he was doing to find him learning even more about it.

His brain was another thing that people constantly underestimated about him. Their classmates and housemates all saw the Marauders in clearly defined roles. Remus was the brains, Pettigrew was the follower, James was the creative one, and Sirius was the main prankster. But what no one else knew was how much their pranking helped them with their studying. Pettigrew was always dumb no matter what, but Remus, James, and Sirius were always in the top ten students of their year.

Their pranks sometimes used very hard spells or potions to make them work. And using such complicated spells and potions helped them do better in school. Not that most noticed since all they saw was a group of immature pranksters that defined the term "Reckless Gryffindors." But it was better to be underestimated than overestimated in Sirius's eyes. It allowed him to be able to defeat enemies easier since they did not think he was that smart or powerful.

But that did not mean he did not still know how to have a good time even as he grew up. Such as when he had been an Auror. He had been with James, two other Aurors, and a then-rookie Kingsley when they had been attacked by some death eaters. They were able to defeat them and Sirius even had fun while doing it. Like when he had yelled out "DUCK" at the death eaters and they actually did all duck. But the fun part came when he conjured a giant rubber duck that fell on top of them.

But not only had Sirius been working on learning more about mystic soul culture, but he had been even busier when it came to working on their plans to deal with Voldemort and Dumbledore. Both were very serious threats in their own ways and they both needed to be dealt with before one, the other, or both caused even more destruction and deaths.

Sirius was not even aware of which of them cause more deaths. Voldemort and his death eaters go on killing sprees where they kill pretty much anyone that is unfortunate enough to cross their paths. Especially those that fight against them. It was why the Prewett brothers, the uncles of Fred and George and the other Weasley kids, were killed. Because they had gone to Bones Manor when death eaters had attacked it. Everyone in the manor had been killed, leaving only Susan Bones and her aunt Amelia as the remaining members of the Bones family. And those deaths only added to those that Voldemort himself added to whenever he got annoyed or angry with his followers and killed them himself. He gives out torture and killing curses like muggles hand out candy on Halloween.

And when it came to Dumbledore, he was always willing to sacrifice others in order to get what he wants. Because he wants all kids to look at him as a savior, he goes out of his way to keep abused kids in their abusive households so that he looks like a savior when he brings them into Hogwarts. Many children, especially muggleborns, were killed by their families through the abuse because of Dumbledore's actions. Not to mention how whenever he took the lead in any attack during the wars against Grindelwald and Voldemort, he would force those fighting on the front lines to use only non-lethal spells like stunning and disarming. He would say that it was because he did not want them going down to the death eaters' level, but Sirius believed that it was because he wanted those on the front lines to die since they were all really powerful and Dumbledore felt threatened by them. Such as a lot of the original Order of the Phoenix.