Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave

The rest of the summer was probably a lot better now that Harry had made it an art form on how to avoid all of the annoying people in his life. Even if he was not on the family floor or in the family library, he was able to find the best places to hide from the people that were seriously starting to annoy him. And by people, it was really just Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Mrs.Weasley. Sirius, Remus, Olivia, and Krinos were probably the only other constants in Number 12 and he had no reason to avoid any of them.

But Harry did meet Auror Kingsley one day when Sirius introduced him to the black man. And he was glad to meet him. Especially since Kingsley had been another person that actually told him things about his parents, as he had been a couple of years behind them in Hogwarts. Kingsley would also sometimes tell Harry about when Sirius was young as well since Sirius had actually been who trained him to be an Auror before he had been illegally sent to Azkaban.

(AN: As much as I like the actor that played Kingsley in the movies, I imagine him more as being played by Shemar Moore. So, please picture him as Kingsley, thank you.)

Harry liked Kingsley and he was certainly a nice difference from being surrounded by the usual Gryffindors and former Gryffindors. Kingsley told him about how he had been a Ravenclaw and how it was totally different than Gryffindor. In Gryffindor, it was usually always so loud and full of activity. In Ravenclaw, they were usually more quiet and private than anything else. Plus, it seemed that in both Ravenclaw and Slytherin, they got their own rooms once they were older. And even in their younger years, they would only have one roommate.

Harry certainly wished that was a part of Gryffindor. As much as he liked having friends around, like Neville, he also really liked his privacy and rarely ever got it when he was in the common room or in the dorm. And given how much Ron had been getting on his nerves lately, he would definitely rather room with just Neville.

Harry also knew that the time that he had spent with his godfather during this summer was probably the happiest that he had ever been in his life. Sirius always made sure that he knew how much that he loved him even when he did not actually say it. It did not matter if it was just by talking about his parents, or by teaching him how politics in their country works, or even just by being in the same room with him while not trying to bother him or get him to talk. 

There were many things that Sirius has done for him that made it known how much he cared about him. He escaped Azkaban to protect him from Pettigrew. He lived off of rats in caves just so that he would be near him. He returned to a house that he obviously hated and had experienced extreme trauma inside of just so that he could provide a house to protect him in. He got in touch with Krinos and Olivia to actually get something done about Voldemort in order to protect him. He had done more to protect him than everyone else in the wizarding world combined.

And he did it for Harry Potter, his godson. Not Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, or Harry Potter, the Chosen One. He did it because he loved him with no strings attached. He was the first person that Harry felt in his heart would never treat him differently because of his scar.

But now, he had to leave his godfather because it was time to get back to Hogwarts. A place that Harry was really praying would not have life-threatening events this year. Not that he had much hope for that actually happening. First year was a possessed teacher, a cursed broom, the dark lord killing unicorns, and a three-headed dog. Second year was a giant basilisk, a ghost with moaning issues, giant spiders, and Hagrid getting sent to Azkaban for no other reason than the ministry "needing to be seen doing something." Third year was probably the least dangerous even with a death eater posing as a rat and dementors flying around the school with a werewolf as their DADA teacher. And then, of course, there was fourth year and dealing with a bloody deadly tournament, dragons, psychotic mermaids, a maze that kept trying to kill him, and the resurrection of Voldemort.