Chapter Six: Forming A Plan

"So, Sirius, why is this house so dirty, anyway," Harry looked around the still pretty filthy kitchen as they all ate.

"That bloody house-elf that was supposed to be taking care of this place lost his mind," Sirius shook his head. "He hasn't been doing anything since my parents died while I was in Azkaban. He has even been taking orders from my mum's portrait."

"I take it you never got along with him just like with the rest of your family," Harry guessed.

"He is a Black house-elf," Sirius scoffed. "That, pretty much, means that he could be as insane and evil as the human members of my family."

"I am suddenly very glad that I have not met any Black's beside you, Sirius," Harry said.

"Actually, Harry, you will find that most wizarding families are related in some way or another," Sirius tells Harry.

"What do you mean," Harry was curious.

"Well, as you know, a lot of the pureblood families want to keep themselves as 'pure' as possible," Remus says. "So they tend to only ever marry other purebloods. But that also lessens the number of purebloods that are not related to each other. They tend to think that marrying their second cousins is more acceptable than marrying a half-blood or a muggleborn."

"Take your father and me as an example," Sirius said. "James was actually my second cousin since his mother was Dorea Potter nee Black, who was my... great aunt, I think."

"So that means we are related as well," Harry thought that Sirius was just his godfather.

"It certainly does, pup," Sirius smiled and patted Harry on the shoulder. "And if my memory of the Black family tree is correct, we are also distantly related to the Weasleys because I think Arthur's mother is Cedrella Weasley nee Black. The Blacks have married into almost every other pureblood family in Britain." 

"With so many magical relatives, I should never have been sent to those horrible muggles," Harry grumbled.

Olivia eyed Harry as she took a drink. From what Sirius had told her and from what Krinos has managed to put together, Harry did not have the best home life. Sirius had told her that Harry had immediately jumped at the chance to live with him moments after he had learned that his godfather was an innocent man. That instantly rang alarm bells inside his head. He had thought that he was a murderer barely half an hour before and yet he still was so eager to live with him when he learned of his innocence. He may be his godfather, but Harry still did not really know him. So his instant excitement spoke volumes about his home life.

"Everyone wishes things were that simple," Olivia sighed. "As a member of my country's magic council, I see a lot of court cases involving families."

"What's a magic council," Tonks asked.

"It's the main government body of mystic souls communities all over the world," Olivia explained. "All mystic soul communities are run by their own magic councils. We are made up of twelve elected officials, representing the original twelve Olympian gods. I was twenty when I was elected, making me the youngest ever mystic soul to be a part of any council."

"That sounds a lot better than the idiot we currently have as minister," Kingsley grumbled as he ate. "He would rather stick his head in the sand than even consider that there might be a problem out there."

"Probably why your 'newspaper' has nothing on Voldemort in it," Olivia guessed.

"Not even just Voldemort," Kingsley says. "He's been like this ever since he was elected. It doesn't matter is if it about evil wizards, magical creatures, or even muggles. If there ever is a problem, he sticks his head in the sand and pretends that it's not there until it goes away. He is a peaceful times minister, so he has no clue how to handle actual problems. He's more concerned about lining his pockets, and his allies', with as much gold as he can."