Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies

Harry had never felt more welcomed than he currently was in Winter Wolf. He was amazed by not only the dorm itself but all of the students there as well. He did not know much about the actual magical creature that the house was based on, but he was definitely going to be asking about that in the future.

He was still confused about why the door had called him by that name when they got there the previous day. Ever since he entered the magical world, he had always been told that his name was Harry James Potter. Now, a magical door that was probably more magical than even the sorting hat was calling him Harrison Potter-Black. He knew he was Sirius's godson, but was there something his godfather had not told him yet?

He knew that he would have to remember that for later, but he was going to try and have a few days of enjoying himself. He wanted to not have any drama, life-threatening situations, or anything else eventful happening for as long as possible. Only now that he thought about it, he may have just jinxed himself. Maybe he should ask the other students if they had a way to stop jinxes.

All of the students were really nice and none of them looked at him, or any of their other new housemates, with suspicion. Something that Harry would not have blamed them for, given the history and hatred between wand-users and mystic souls. But they did not let that corrupt their thoughts of their new housemates. They all seemed to be of the same mind that even though most wand-users hated mystic souls, they were all going to let the individual wand-users make their own impressions on them.

Harry did not really know any of the other Hogwarts students that ended up in Winter Wolf. Not a lot ended up in the house, but there was a good handful. Harry only even knew the name of Adrian Pucey, one of the Slytherin chasers. And truthfully, he had always been curious about the Slytherin. Since he was the seeker for Gryffindor, he was able to most watch the game when the snitch would disappear from his sight. So, he noticed that Adrian never cheated. Those like Flint, Malfoy, and Miles Bletchley all cheated a lot. But then you had those like Adrian and Terrence Higgs and neither of them cheated at all. Which only made it worse when Higgs had been replaced as seeker by Malfoy in Malfoy's second year. It was probably because Flint had been the captain and he wanted his team filled with cheaters instead of those that wanted to win fair and square. The fact that Adrian was still on the team was a small miracle.

Harry also thought that the dorm itself was very cool. He learned from Hawk and T'challa that each dorm was set up the same way, but just with different designs and features based on which house it is. Such as how Winter Wolf had a secret passageway to the animal stables since a lot of students with animal familiars ended up in their house. 

There was also the magical design of how each dorm was a lot bigger on the inside than the outside. On the outside, the houses would all look as if they were really tall apartments that would appear as if they would only be a single bedroom. It reminded Harry of the magical tents that they had used when they had gone to the Quidditch World Cup. Bigger on the inside while looking tiny on the outside.

What he also loved about the dorm was that every student got their own room, a part of how big the magic made the dorms compared to what could be seen outside. The different years were each in different halls with the boys and girls in different halls. Each hall magically had the exact amount of rooms needed for the students. They all looked the same with the same large canopy bed, a single bookshelf, a desk for homework, a wardrobe for their clothes, and magical lights that they controlled how bright they were.

Winter Wolf had their dorm near the animal stables. Dryad had a good view of the forest that surrounded the school. Mermaid, of course, had a view of the lake. Siren was close to the greenhouse. Dragon students would be able to see the dueling fields. Griffin was close to the magical observatory and had a glass ceiling to get a great view of the sky above them. Unicorn was the house close to a meadow that a lot of students like to use for picnics when they want to.