Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion

If there was one thing that Harry loved about Crystal Rose, even if the list of things he loved about the school was almost never-ending at this point, it was that he was finally able to enjoy a potion class. Professor Gold was an amazing teacher that actually did everything she could to make sure the class learned while still staying safe. Harry could tell that even the Hogwarts students that were not the biggest fans of mystic souls also enjoyed her class.

It was a very common thing for literally all the other houses to hate Snape. He was the worst teacher in Hogwarts. And that said something considering how low the bar is with teachers like Binns and Trelawney still teaching as well as how those like Quirrell and Lockhart had also been terrible teachers. Though, it should also say something about how the fake Professor Moody, a disguised Death Eater, had been a better teacher than Snape.

It also really helped that Professor Gold actually stood up to Snape whenever he would try and use his regular tactics in her class. She was obviously running out of patience when it was coming to the greasy-haired idiot. It was certainly something that seemed very common among mystic souls. And that would be a low tolerance for idiots. Harry was expecting the professor to lose her patience soon and turn Snape into an ice state. Not that there would be any complaining from him.

Taking his regular seat in the beautiful classroom, Melody soon joined him. The two of them had been working together since the first class of the year and Harry had been really grateful for her help. He was sure that if he did not have her help, he would not have gained the knowledge of mystic soul potions in the same amount of time. 

"Let's hope that we can actually get through this class without anything happening," Harry says to her.

"Do you really think that can happen," Melody raised her eyebrow at him.

"No," Harry admitted. "Whenever Snape is involved, trouble follows."

"He really should never have been hired as a teacher," Melody said. "He just does not have the right attitude or personality for it. I would rather be taught by a wild monkey."

"Considering the past teachers that I have had, Snape is still the worst of them all," Harry says. "And considering that my past teacher has been possessed by a wraith, been a fraud that stole people's memories to take credit for their heroic acts, predicts my death every time she sees me, is a ghost that puts people to sleep, not to mention one of them also being a Death Eater in disguise."

"Oh for the love of the gods of Olympus," Melody facepalmed.

"You are not the first to react like that and you will definitely not be the last," Harry said.

"What is wrong with your country that those types of people actually become teachers," Melody looked like she did not want to hear the answer.

"There are certainly plenty of things about magical Britain that will always be wrong in so many ways," Harry says. "As you learned from before, they locked up my godfather just because he was from a traditionally evil family. Between that and how they obviously favor purebloods, it really is an awful place to live. Even for half-bloods, they are pretty much out of luck unless the magical side of their family is powerful."

"I know by their standards, the Gardna family would probably be a family that they would favor," Melody said. "But, that does not mean that we would like it. The Gardna family, historically, has always been about equality. Our ancestor, Calliope Gardna, was even the one to suggest to the other Olympian Mages to include mystic souls from all over the world at Crystal Rose."

"Between that and the creatures that also attend here, I can definitely see most of the ministry back in England having heart attacks," Harry chuckled. "Probably even more so if they also knew about teachers like Professor Nyx since she is a harpy mystic soul like Hawk."