Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature

Harry sneezed. He felt like he had been doing that a lot, lately. And it was always for the same reason.

"Vallia, for the love of Merlin, will you stop doing that," he looked up.

The butterfly girl was once again floating above him. Her wings would always leave a trail of sparkles wherever she would go. So, whenever she would float above him, she would cause him to sneeze because of the sparkles.

"Don't even bother, Harry," T'challa tells him. "Telling Vallia to not float around would be like asking Krinos to give up chocolate."

"NEVER," Krinos declared.

"See," T'challa made an 'I told you so' gesture.

Vallia giggled as she floated down and sat down next to them. They were all sitting down for lunch. Everyone was glad to have a break from classes. Harry was certainly happy that after the past few days of having to deal with constant idiots, he was finally having a day where nothing has happened. But, he did not have high hopes for that to last long given his Potter Luck.

"I apologize for making you sneeze, but I can never help but fly," she said.

"If I had wings, I would probably fly a lot as well," Harry chuckled.

"It's part of why those like Vallia and myself love being born this way," Hawk says. "There is nothing like feeling the wind as we fly so freely in the air. That type of freedom is like nothing anyone could ever feel from anything else."

"I may have only ever flown on a broom, but I do agree with you," Harry agrees with the harpy mystic soul. "There is nothing better than being in the air."

"I think you would do well in our school Dragon Games, Harry," Krinos smiled at him.

"Dragon Games," Harry gasped.

(AN: Dragon Games are based on the same game from Ever After High.)

The mystic souls could not help but giggle and chuckle. They could see the excitement in Harry's eyes even if he was also shocked. He had obviously never heard of them before, so that only made his excitement even more adorable.

"Yeah, Dragon Games," Melody says. "Because of mystic souls with dragon powers, Crystal Rose has a stable of dragons. Dragon Games are actually similar to your Quidditch game."

"Really," Harry was confused and excited.

They all nodded, smiling at Harry's excitement.

"During Dragon Game matches, two teams of five go against each other," Krinos explained. "The goal of the game is to get the ball through the hoop of the opposing team. A goal alone is worth ten points but there are also crystal illusions floating around the field. Hitting an emerald illusion with the ball makes the goal worth twenty points, hitting the sapphire illusion makes the goal worth thirty points, and hitting the diamond illusion makes the goal worth fifty."

"That's very cool," Harry says. "And you actually ride on dragons?"

"Of course," Hawk smiled at him. "But, those like myself, Vallia, and the other mages with wings are not allowed to play."

"I guess that makes sense," Harry says. "After all, your wings would probably interfere with how you would ride a dragon. They would slow you down."

"Exactly," Vallia nodded. "And since we are not allowed to fly on our own, as that would be cheating, we are perfectly happy to watch from the side."

"It's amazing that you are able to actually ride dragons," Harry said. "The last time that I encountered a dragon, it was trying to roast me alive."

"We have a friend that can shapeshift into dragons, so we have a deeper understanding of them," Melody tells him.