2

Training & Tactics

"You sure you're okay?" Jean asks once more as the two of them sat in the dining room for dinner. Hie and Raven started to grew a bit close since she found out he was also planning to join the military police.

"Yes." She answered plainly. Honestly, her knees were still sore from all the running, but she tried her best to ignore it.

"You need me to get you anything?" He asks.

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Did anyone ever tell you that you look exactly like a statue?" He asked.

Raven glanced at him, but then he had the same look Sasha did yesterday."Yes. Now can we please change the subject."

"Okay, How were you able to run that lo--"

"I said change the subject." She repeated in a authoritative tone. He raised his both of his hands in defeat.

"Alright, so why are you planning to join the Military police?" Jean asks. before starting on his soup. Raven sighed. Great, another personal question.

As she reminisced her purpose to join the Military police, Raven's mother's face suddenly pops up in her mind, she could still hear her voice, the sound of the gun shots. Raven quickly shrugged off the thought.

"I did not tell Shadis even if he made me ran for 18 hours, you still think I'm gonna answer that?" She replied.

"Well ye-"

"It was a rhetorical question, of course not." She cuts him off.

Jean groans in defeat. "Alright fine." He said and the three of them went silent for a moment.

"Do you want this bread?" He asks and he lends me his share of bread.

Normally She'd refuse but after running for hours, her energy was literally drained.

"Actually yes. Thank you." She says as she accepted it, his fingers brushed against hers as she took it. Raven tried so hard to hide her smile. Who knew bread could be this good?

"Look at that." Jean smirks, making Raven  raise her eyebrow.

"What?" She ask with a threatening tone.

"You just smiled. Subtle but still. I'm not that familiar in this territory." He said, Marco laughed at the two.

Raven rolled her eyes as she shook her head. "Idiots." She mumbled.

Eren and his two friends arrived and waved at her as they sat on the opposite table. Someone approached them and began talking about the titans and shiganshina, the people have gathered to his side while Jean, Marco and Raven just sat there, listening.