42

Care for you

"How many times do I have to say this. I'm fine." I lied while Jean continued to berrate me on escaping from the infirmary. He's been doing that as soon as we got here in the cafeteria and did not shut up since. I just imagined his words were like background noises and focused on the food infront of me.

I still didn't feel well but I forced myself to eat, the day of the expedition is near and I can't sit that one out.

I was stirring my soup using my spoon without any interest when I caught a glimpse of Levi making his way in Erwin's table. Our eyes met, but this time, I didn't bother to call his name or win him over anymore. I'm tired. I've been doing that for days now, everytime we meet or passed by each other, he always gives me the silent treatment.

I'm used to his cold persona, but this one is different. It's like he doesn't even acknowledge my presence anymore.

"Are you even listening to me?!!" Jean's loud voice brought me back.

"Yes."

"Alright then what did I say?" He crossed his arms.

"That I should've stayed in the infirmary until you got back." I said without any emotion. Jean raised his brow, holy crap did I got that right?

"Tanya, are you okay? You didn't insult Jean like the usual even if he's yelling at you. Something's clearly wrong." Sasha says and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"She's right. You look paler than you were back in prison." Now Eren noticed.

I shook my head. "I'm fine." I lied.

"You're clearly not. Stop lying." Jean said, but now I didn't have the energy to even speak, my eyes felt a bit heavy.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I said when I felt nauseous again. Jean suddenly grabs my hand and helped me stand.

"I'll go with you."

"Why the hell would you follow her in the bathroom you fucking pervert?!" Eren exclaimed, but I didn't have the energy to even break their fights like the usual. Jean felt it, and for the first time, he didn't retaliate on Eren. Instead, he just followed me out.

We went to the bathroom just in time when I puked, I felt seriously drained. Jean was there to pull my hair back as he took a handkerchief from his pocket and gave it to me.

I furrowed my brows. "Since when did you start carrying a handkerchief with you?"

"Since you started throwing up now hurry, I'll take you to the nurse." He said. A smile slowly creeps it's way on my lips.

"Thanks Jean," I said, I felt like I should still praise him for being such a good friend but it might boost his ego much more.

"I know, I'm the best you don't have to say it." He says cockily, so I punched his arm, there it is. We got out.

"Damn, even your punch doesn't hurt that much now. I don't think this is just a simple vomiting Tanya." He says as we made our way to the infirmary. What's he saying? That I've seriously gone weak?

"It's probably just something I ate." I replied.

"It's been going on for a week now. We all felt fine on our food except for you." Jean says.

I raised my brow. "So you're saying tha--"

"You guys! We have a meeting about the upcoming expedition, five minutes." Sasha and the others came out of nowhere and pulled us in a different direction.