60

A life of crime

'I spent so many years under his judgement. I run around killing people for him. Yet none of it was enough. I was  always afraid to go against him because I thought I'd have no chance. But I realize, I am strong, with or without him. And now, I have Alexis.'

"You really think I'm this stupid? I didn't fall for this before, and it won't happen anytime soon." Preston said confidently as he ditched the tea that reeked with poison that Alexis prepared for him.

Tanya who was behind him smirked, taking out her own katana before launching an attack which Preston anticipated and blocked with his sword. Her eye widened, not expecting him to anticipate that attack from her. But she managed to launch a kick that made a distance between them as she formulates another strategy against him.

Alexis was aware she didn't have a strength to even stand against Preston, but Tanya did. Even if the chances are slim, that's why they planned a perfect diversion in which gave Preston a slight confidence that he'll win.

It barely worked.

"You know you have no chance against me Tanya, I was the one who trained you." He said as their blades clashed against each other. She didn't let those words get in to her head. Sure she may be a little weak due to her hand but, all she need is a tiny blood of him.

"I'll win." She said confidently, seeing an opening, Tanya made a cut on one of Preston's arm. A smile of satisfaction plasters on her lips.

"A single cut won't kill me." He laughed. Until, he felt a sudden rapid beating of his pulse. His eyebrows furrowed in terror, it was like his body was slowly being paralysed.

"You see, that's where you're wrong." Alexis stepped in while he struggled to breathe. Preston was furious.

"I drenched Tanya's blade in with poison, and not just any poison. It's the most lethal of them all. A single cut is all it needs to kill you, once it enters your blood stream, you'd be good as dead." Alexis gave him a close eyed smile while crouching down to his level.

"You are nothing without me." He said strongly even with a shaking body, his veins popping on his head that was starting to turn purple.

"You don't define me." Tanya said giving another slash on his body that weekened him even more. Then an idea popped in her head.

"Even though you're about to die, you still have three minutes so. You wanna feel what it's like to lose a hand?" She asked with a smirk of satisfactory. Alexis widened her eyes.

"Tanya--"

She didn't get to finish her sentence when Tanya already whipped her blade that decapitated his hand. She sighed listening to his screams of pain made Tanya's mood even better.

"Alright, have fun then." Alexis says in defeat, going back to her couch when she saw how happy Tanya was while torturing him. Grabbing an old book to pass the time, she flipped through the pages while her sister was laughing her heart out, doing her thing.

Present time...

The two cloaked sisters took their last bullet of luck. After being hidden away from the eyes of the government for such a long time, unexpectedly, the military police whom Tanya referred to as 'huge flock of dumbasses' caught up to them, now they're running in such fast pace and the chase began.

"Damn it rat face! I don't even know why I listened to you!" Tanya complained to her sister.

Alexis let out a nervous smile, she was the one who suggested to look for the kids Preston had trained because she was concerned that they'll get abandoned. Unknown to both of them, the Military police already got there and one officer spotted them. In short, it was really her fault.