54

The coucil of chaos

"What the hell was that?! Does she have an alliance we don't know about?!"

"Zackley, calm down. This is the Shadow we are talking about. There's a possibility that she has many criminal connections."

"We have to hunt for her now. And who the hell is that person in the Red cloak?!"

The whole council room was in full chaos after the incident the other day. The supposed execution of Tanya Karpov. And incident just made everyone's mind flood with questions.

Nate, the captain of the military police came in quietly and handed something to Commander Nile. After whispering to his ear, Nate immediately got out of the room and the council didn't even felt his presence as they were busy arguing with each other.

Erwin and Levi who were also there couldn't handle the pressure that was going on their head. Someone took Tanya, and Levi couldn't deal with the fact that 'Red' managed to save her and he can't. In fact, he was the reason why she had to go through that brutal punishment. He was too consumed with the so called rules that he betrayed the only person he loved.

The council's argument was cut off when Hanji slammed the door open while panting like crazy. Erwin looked at them in surprise, where have they been all this time?

"Sorry I'm late, I just heard. What the hell happened?!" Hanji asked, their loud voice taking over the whole room.

"Karpov broke the deal, she was imprisoned, and the day of the execution she's been taken on the spot." Nile explained. Hanji's eyes widened in shock.

"W-what?!" They yelled that honestly annoyed everyone in the room. "When did this happen?"

"Two nights before the arrest, she massacred a prison cell and left her famous purple ribbon." Levi said half heartedly, almost as if he doesn't want to be included in this conversation.

"Wait what?!"

"Hanji, you've been gone for weeks. Where the hell have you been?" Erwin asked standing up from his seat.

Hanji's overpowering expression has been toned down and they let out a nervous chuckle as Hanji scratches the back of their neck.

"W-well, how do I put this.... Remember the proposal I gave you for a titan experiment........." They continued scratching their nape nervously.

Erwin remembered Hanji asking for permission to kidnap another titan for experimental purposes, he also remember saying No to that. There's only one explanation for her reaction, Hanji still did that experiment without his consent.

"What the hell are you even doing here this is a meeting about the murderer who is now roaming around the streets free!" Zackley slammed his hand against the table.

"That's what I'm here for! Y-you said the incident happened a week and two nights ago, I was with Tanya back then." Hanji explained desperately. Levi's eyes widened in shock that made him grab Hanji's collar.

"What the hell are you saying. I asked her where she was and lied to my face." Levi's anger was starting to get the best of him, that's why Erwin stepped up and pulled him away from the brunette.

Hanji sighed exasperatedly. "Sorry. I told Her not to tell anyone since the experiment wasn't authorized. I'm telling you she is innocent! She met with me and Moblit that night I swear." Hanji yelled desperately.

Erwin's eyes widened, him and everyone in the room were shocked. His sister, whom he turn his back on is innocent. And he wasn't the only one who felt that way.