12

File 628

I gazed at the beautiful scenery and saw a woman who looked a lot like my mother, standing on a tree branch. She was wearing her dark purple cloak, she waves once she saw me.

I turned to her, and the memories came rushing back. All of it, even the ones that traumatised me.

"It's been a long time, Tanya." Her voice sent a chilling sensation on my spine. It's been a long time since I've heard that name.

"It's Raven, mom." I corrected. She just smiles and shakes her head disapprovingly.

"You will always be Tanya to me." She says as she sat on the  branch and let her feet hang. She gestures for me to sit beside her, so I did.

"What are you trying to accomplish Tanya?" She asks concernedly. I avoided her gaze, I don't even know if I could face her after all that I've done.

"I'm trying to get justice for you, you know that." I said.

This time, she was the one who looked away. "Your grandfather, he's really a good man. Incredibly intelligent, but when he's angered, it's like he turns into a different person. A violent one." She says.

"I know mom, he raised me." I said sarcastically. She let's out a silent chuckle.

"What I am saying is, I want you to live a life you want. Don't listen to what your grandfather says or whoever it is that tries to control you-"

"He and I wants the same thing. Justice for you, Which we all know that is never gonna happen with the government's system. I have to forge a path." I scoffed.

I remember coming to the military police back then after she was murdered. I was practically begging them to find whoever killed her. They dismissed me, thinking that since she was an assassin, she deserved to die.

Her lips curved into a sad smile. "I killed my first victim when I was eighteen. You killed a person at the age of nine." She says silently, with a hint of pain in her tone. "Do you think, it was easy for me to watch my daughter throw away her childhood to train for that path your referring to?" She said with distress in her tone.

"I don't care about the lives I took to get here! As soon as I get my hands on whoever did this to you then, I'll have my peace." I scoffed before I stood up.

"Tanya..."

"My name is Raven! Raven Grey!" I yelled angrily.

I sat up from my bed and immediately regretted it when I felt the stinging pain on my head. I held my temples as I felt several eyes glued to me.

"Ugh, why is my arm all wet?" I said in disgust, then I saw Eren sitting on my bedside with swollen eyes. Was he crying?

"You're awake." I heard Levi said as his face lit up.

"Raven you're--"

"Raven! Okay before anything happens I need to ask you a few questions. Just to be sure you're okay." Hanji cuts Eren off. God I forgot how energetic they can be.

"Where's my gun?" I asked when I realize it wasn't strapped on my waist where it's supposed to be. I feel naked in here without it.

"She wakes up from a coma then the first thing she looks for is her gun." I heard Jean whispered to Sasha, she couldn't help but laugh.

"I heard that." I said in a threatening tone.

"Okay enought for that, we need to run some tests. First question, what is your name?" Hanji asks with a notepad in their hand. All of them looked at me, even Levi, waiting for my answer. Wait did they forget who I am?