30

Escape
Part 2
-Flashback Chapter-

I walked along the market with my hands on my bleeding wounds. Every step I took was a challenge, but I need to fight all of it if I want to see Erwin alive. I used my right hand to wipe all the remaining soil on my face. If anyone could see me right now, they'd think I'm a fucking corpse.

I managed to steal a cloak from one of the houses I passed by. This feels different, I wanted my own cloak but it's obviously can't go back to my office anymore and I need to keep my identity hidden.

I could feel myself getting weaker by the minute, but I ignored it and dragged my body inside a store which seems to have anything I need. I picked up a couple of bandages, alcohol, tweezers, and tequila.

"Excuse me miss, you need to pay for that--" I cut the store clerk off by pointing a gun at him.

Did I forget to mention I'm robbing the store?

"O-Or not. Please, t-take what you need and leave." He says shakily while raising both his hands up.

"Good. Now if you call the police, I'll make sure to blow your head up from a distance, got it?" I threatened. He immediately nods his head on repeat

If I had a choice ofcourse I wouldn't rob any poor man's store, but I don't. It's the harsh reality.

-

I yelped in pain as I removed the last bullet on my stomach. Good thing the basement I hid in was a bit underground, no one can hear my screams and won't give away my location to the enemy.

I breathed heavily as I cleaned my wound and weakly bandaged around my stomach. How I wish Hanji was here, I was used to her treating my wounds, and Levi too. 

I leaned my head against the wall and drank the alcohol I stole. I maybe a fucking idiot for chosing this and forgetting about food, now I'm hungry.

I can't stop thinking about what they'll do to Erwin while in holding. I need to act now, but I'm too weak to even lift a finger.

--

Hanji's POV

"Erwin! The situation got worse. Eren and Historia is in deep trouble, the military police---and Eren remembered a conversation between Bertoldt and Ymir, if this is true then my head will explode!"

"What did they say?" Erwin asked. I knew this is another business but, he needs to know what happened. I just don't know how to tell him.

"Erwin... There's another, much more important thing I..." I couldn't continue the end of my sentence as I breathed heavily.

"Calm down." Moblit pats my back trying to get me to ease up, but when I saw Erwin's face, my panic just got worse.

"Breathe Hanji, what's the problem?" He asked as he hands me a glass of water. I looked down in guilt, how am I gonna deliver the news?

"Your sister, Raven." I exhaled sharply. "She's dead."

Erwin's eyes widens in shock, none of us managed to say a thing afterwards. His knees gave up and he sat on the stool, covering his face with his palm.

"W-what happened?" He asked with a shaking voice.

"There was a forced replacement for Captain in the MPs. Nile didn't want to have her killed, but the new Captain saw her as a threat to their mission so," I explained in a low tone.

Erwin just stares in the wall mindlessly. I can't imagine what he must be feeling right now. Because back when Raven disappeared, he wanted to talk to her, because they never got a chance to when we found out about her secret. Everyone knows it did not end well for them.