25

Coincidences

"Hanji-san, shouldn't we start the prototype testing?" Armin asks when he got to the field. He saw Hanji preparing the tools they're gonna be needing for the project.

They were outside the forest together with Levi's squad. Hanji scratches their head while looking at their pad.

"Not yet, I'm waiting for Raven. Somehow her math is confusing me, I don't want to blow up the first prototype we got." They said. Hanji and Armin's converstation attracts Levi's attention.

"I thought she said she was done helping you," He asked with no interest in his tone before drinking his tea and rested on the bench.

Hanji adjusted their goggles. "She did but, let's face it. She can't say no to my charm." They said confidently that made Armin chuckle.

"Is your charm to annoy her into saying yes?" Levi guessed with a mocking tone. Hanji was silent for a moment but the smile never left their face.

"Yes."

"Oh Moblit you're here!" They greeted and got the blueprints he was carrying.

"Hey is there any chance you saw Raven on the way here?" Hanji asks the tall man.

Moblit furrows his brows. "No I haven't, I thought she was here already." He says. Hanji began to sense that something seems weird.

"That's odd, Raven's never late." Hanji says and crosses their arms. Levi looks at them for a moment.

"Hanji. She's a Captain, you can't expect her to drop everything for your experiments." Levi said.

"I supposed you're right." Hanji says and placed the prints on the table. But still, they couldn't help but wonder. Raven would send a letter if she knows she won't make it. This isn't like her at all.

--

The next day, Hanji just finished the experiment with Eren, even if it seems that he's too tired to transform. They all headed back with squad Levi when Erwin suddenly shows up.

"Commander Erwin!" They saluted. He gestured them to ease, then he wanders his eyes among the crowd. Levi knew exactly, that he was looking for Raven.

"Where's Captain Grey?" He asked. Even her friends didn't know what to say, Raven isn't the type of person who updates anyone on what's happening with her life.

"We don't know sir." Jean answers. They felt a bit confused, why would Commander Erwin ask if Raven is here? She's a military police.

Everyone went back to their cabin while the two veterans walked with their Commander.

"Why are you looking for Grey?" Levi asked. He was itching to say that since earlier.

"I sent her a letter, I said I needed to talk to her." Erwin answers plainly.

"About what?" Levi asked curiously. Erwin shakes his head.

"Nothing, it can wait." He says disregarding the conversation. Levi sensed that it has something to do with either about them being related or the incident the other day where Raven revealed who she really is, so he decided to let go of the subject. It wasn't his business anyways.

"I don't know what to tell you Erwin, she also bailed on me yesterday." Hanji says, letting know what his sister did.

"You don't think she's busy in some murder rampage do you?" Erwin asks worriedly. Hanji stayed silent because even they didn't know the answer, he turns his head to Levi.