11

Control

I put on my Military police cloak as I stepped outside, its nearly five in the morning and was freezing cold. I had to stop by the station to bring back some files before I head to the castle.

"Captain, do you need us to come with you?" Carter asked as they both followed me out of the precinct.

"No. This is a private matter." I said and made sure my weapons were in my person.

"Also, I need you both here to keep these idiots from screwing up." I said plainly.

Their eyes widened in disbelief. "Y-you're leaving us incharge?" Nate says in shock.

"I am." I nodded. They both held their fist in their chest as a salute.

"We won't disappoint you Captain!" They both said in unison.

"Good. Now scram." I said and turned my back on them.

I took my horse and was about to go when my eyes caught something. I went to the news paper vendor and there was a police sketch stapled to his stand.

"Who's this?" I asked the clerk and looked at the photo. It was a girl wearing a dark purple hood and her lower face was covered by a black cloth. I laughed internally, I only went out once and I'm already the talk of the town.

"The survey corps called her the Shadow. Because she travelled so fast you could barely see it, and also she could disappear whenever she wants. Kind of reminded me of the old days honestly." The old man says.

The shadow. I don't know if faith really is a bitch or this is just a minor coincidence. I shrugged the thought and went on my way.

--

I finally got to the castle. I know everything that happened on the expedition. Levi lost all of his squad except for Eren. I kind of wanna ask him about it when I saw him, but I figured this isn't the right time.

"You're early." He greeted once I made it to the stables and tied my horse.

"I have a lot of things to do, I'm just fitting this to my schedule." I said plainly and walked with him. I noticed his walk was slightly different that usual.

"You okay?" I asked concerned. I know what happened to his leg, but I obviiously can't let him know that I know.

"I injured my leg when we went against the female titan-" He says when his knee suddenly gave in and he almost hit the ground but I was fast enough to catch him.

"Woah, take it easy." I said as I held his arm and helped him to stand. I felt a slight electricity when my hand touched his skin. He glances at me in surprise, clearly wasn't expecting for me to be able to catch him.

"Do you want me to get you a cane?" I asked and turned to him. He was still a bit frozen. I waved my hand in front of his face, he immediately comes back to reality and stood firmly. I still tried to guide him because it looks like he's gonna lose balance.

"I'm fine." He said with a deep cold tone.

"You sure? You look like you're gonna fall." I said and slowly let go of his arm.

-

Third person's POV

Levi looks at the girl in surprise and couldn't help but to freeze on his tracks. He felt weird the moment Raven held his arm to help him walk, but somehow wanted for the moment to never end.

"You sure? You look like you're gonna fall." She says mockingly and slowly let go of my arm.

"I said I'm fine." I repeated.