51

The perfect date

Levi walked in the dining hall and saw Tanya who was sitting at the far end on the table. 'She wasn't with her friends right now which is good.' He thought.

He made two cups of coffee and took two pieces of bread and placed it on a tray. Walking towards the table, he noticed her tired state, her head resting on her palm while she stares blankly in the abyss. It's like she was up all night.

"Breakfast." Levi says while he placed the food infront of them and took a sit. Tanya finally came in to her senses and muttered a 'thanks'.

He was staring at Tanya while she mindlessly drank her coffee. This isn't the first time he saw her like this. For the past few days, he noticed how she was lacking sleep, spacing out during conversations and how she works to the bone during training. Even Erwin was concerned about her comings and goings.

"What's the matter?" He asked out of the blue. Tanya knotted her eyebrows at him, confused by his sudden question.

"What are you talking about?" She asked before taking a bite.

"You seemed a little off lately. Is something bothering you?" Levi asked concernedly. She was stopped for a moment but then immediately regains her composure.

"I'm perfectly fine." She shrugged. Levi knew that wasn't the whole truth. The past week she was able to come up with a new formula for the thunder spear and manifest a prototype, she also took the time to train the others, maybe that's what drained her.

--

"A day off, seriously?" Tanya says as if stifling a laugh while both her and Levi took a stroll on the market. She can't believe that Erwin would issue a day off for the scouts just after the expedition.

In reality, it was really Levi who requested an off for both of them after seeing how tired and gloomy she was being. Levi knows exactly what will happen if he orders her to rest in her room and sleep, that's why he decides to take her out instead.

"I just realised the both of us never actually had a real date." Says Levi who's eyes is fixated on the road.

"We had." Tanya defended. "Remember when you said we'll grab a drink and I'll tell you about my mother. And we did."

"You mean when we drank vodka in the grave yard?" Levi knotted his brows while looking at her, but she had a smile plastered on her face. 'Don't tell me she really considered that as a date?'

"Yes." She answers plainly. Meanwhile, Levi wasn't accepting it at all.

"Nope. I'm gonna take you on a real date, and it's gonna be a perfect one." He says, clearly determined which confused the shit out of Tanya but she didn't had the time to think about it when Levi grabbed her hand.

"Let's go."

--

Tanya's POV

I didn't understand it at first. I mean, I was happy. I didn't expect that Levi was a person who wants a perfect date, yet here we are, In the middle of having tea in a shop nearby. We ordered some slices of cake and coffee while he had his usual.

I couldn't help but stare at him, his dark raven hair that seems to block a part of his eyes, his cravat neatly fixed, and the fact that he holds his cup on the ridges which I still have no idea why he does. He's just so-

 He's just so-