6

Away

Jean's POV

"I miss her. I can't believe she really left." I heard Connie say as we sat inside the courtroom ruled by Darius Zackly.

"I know, Raven's like my big sister. She made me feel safe. Scared, but safe." Sasha says.

The two aren't the only one who misses her, we all do. Sure, I may see her once a month but fighting alongside her is, different.

"You're lucky you get to see her every month, Jean." Armin says with a hint of jealousy in his tone.

"Would all of you calm down? You're all talking like she died. We're gonna see her today. I'm sure of it." Christa says optimistically.

"Ofcourse you are, you're such a ball of positivity. Marry me after this would you?" Ymir said teasingly. Christa's face turned red. Ymir maybe joking but I know for a fact, she meant all of that.

"The military police is already here. Where is she?" I asked as I looked across the group of people from the military. Raven wasn't there.

"How are you so sure that she's coming?" Mikasa asked. I breathed deeply and crossed my arms.

"Because it's Eren's trial." I answered plainly, making every one of them look. "She won't leave us hanging just like that."

The trial had started. I kept my eyes on the door, waiting for it to open and see Raven walk in late. There's still no sign of her.

Hours have passed, Captain Levi started beating the shit out of Eren. Yet, she's still not here. Maybe I was too optimistic like Christa. She's not coming.

We all remained silent as the trial ended. The survey corps got the sole custody of Eren, which means he'd start living with Levi's squad.

"First Raven is gone, and now Eren." I heard Armin whisper.

"Don't say that Armin, we'll still see Eren. And I'm sure Raven won't forget us thay easy." Mikasa placed a hand on Armin's shoulder, comforting him.

I hope you're right, Mikasa.

The trial ended and we all headed to the hall. A part of me is still hoping I'd see her.

I was knocked from my thoughts when a red headed guy came up to us. He was wearing a military police jacket and panting hardly.

"Are you.. Jean.. Kirstein?" He asked while catching his breath. Did he run towards here?

"I am. Why?" I looked at him confused.

"I'm Carter Diaz. Captain Grey ordered me to give you this." He reached on his pocket and handed me a piece of folded paper. Mikasa and the others tried to steal a look but then realises what Carter had just said.

"W-wait. Captain?" Sasha repeated.

"Uhm, Yes?" Carter says in a bit confused tone.

"Raven Grey?" Ymir cleared.

"Yes, Captain Raven Grey." Carter answered in full.

"How is that possible? How is she promoted that quick?" Christa says in surprise.

"Jean did you know about this?" Armin asked as they turned to me.

"Oh, did I forgot to tell you?" I said puzzled while scratching my head.

"You knew and you didn't tell us?!" Sasha exclaimed and started strangling me. Good thing Mikasa breaks it off just by speaking.

"Wait What did she say on the note?" She asked.