8

The Funeral

Third person's POV

"Captain Levi we have to help her!" Eren raised his voice as he tried to run after Raven but Gunther stops him.

"Calm down Eren." Petra says worriedly.

Levi didn't show it but He was also bothered by what happened. There was an explosion in Stohess, in her station to be specific.

"There are a lot of officers in that area, they're capable of handling an explosion. "Levi said trying not to sound so disturbed. Eren looks at him in surprise.

"It's not our job to meddle with the military police." Levi added.

"But Captain--"

"Eren, Captain Levi is right. They can handle it. Plus, even if you want to help, your friend would never let you." Eld says.

Eren wanted to argue at his statement, but he knew Eld was right. Raven never wanted help from anyone. She carries things through alone.

"What happened to Raven? She seems pissed." Hanji enters the door and made their way to the table.

"There was an explosion in her station." Miche answered.

Their eyes widened in surprise. "Oh no that's horrible." They said worriedly.

"I guess it was a good thing you sent her here. If you didn't, she'd be dead right now." Oluo says shaking his head.

"No." Eren said. Everyone's attention turned to him, even Levi. Eren's eyes were fixated on the candle that lights up the room.

"Even if she was there, she won't die. It would take a lot more than an explosion to kill Raven Grey." He stated firmly.

Levi felt different, he couldn't stop thinking about her eversince Trost happened. The way she ran like the speed of light, the way she swings her blade, and the look on her face when she took down a titan. It was remarkable. He mentally groans. 'I fucking sound like Eld.' He thought ro himself.

"Levi, your face is all red. Are you sick?" Hanji asks and patted his forehead. He nudges their hand away from him.

"Tch. I'm not. " Levi left the room without any warning. His squad were left there, confused by his actions.

--

Raven's POV

I headed towards the dorm after the explosion. I was used to staying in the station everyday but we all know that's not an option anymore. Plus I need my bed tonight after all what happened.

Carter and Nate wanted to walk me home but I refused. They were also affected by that explosion, and they need to rest.

I struggled on the flights of stairs when my left knee started to give up. It still stings after that fall from the third floor. I groaned silently and kept on walking.

After a long battle of my pain, I finally made it to my front door. It suddenly opened and I heard the wood of the door slam against the wall, revealing a furious Annie.

Her eyes widened as she looked at my state, there were bandages from my forearm down to my palms after I held onto that hot metal pipe, my left knee were also bandaged because of my fall, to be honest I'm a sight of sore eyes right now.

"Oh my god." I heard her whisper under her breath. I didn't expect what happened next.

She hugged me. I was frozen, and was shocked by her sudden trait. Annie never wanted to be in contact with anyone, let alone hug.