63

Road to forgiveness: One step at a time

"So, just drink this two times a day to relieve the numbness. But it can't guarantee to stop the shaking. I'm sorry." Says Hanji as they handed me a bottle of pills after I consulted her with my troubled hand. They were utterly amazed on how my hand was stitched back in place and teased me saying that I have a power to cheat death itself. I mindlessly reached for the pill, and immediately popped three capsules on my mouth.

"H-Hey! You're not supposed to take it all at the same time you idiot!" They yelled frantically as I rinsed my throat with water.

"Whatever. I'll live." I said carelessly. Hanji sighed before flopping on the seat next to me.

"Are you okay Tanya?" They asked, looking at them for a moment then shrugged my shoulders. I know what they're thinking, I don't really want to talk about it.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. They placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Well If you need anything, I'm here to help. Don't hesitate to ask." Hanji says then got up from their seat, they were looking through their drawer and making that awful noise but I decided to ignore it.

"Thanks, Hanji."

"Plus I found this pills that can help you with your rage issu---"

"I DON'T HAVE RAGE ISSUES."

__

Third person's POV

"Hey, care for a game?" The blond man ask her. Tanya paused for a moment, thinking about what she's about to do. She glances at Erwin, then back to her board.

She'd be lying if she says she's not angry at them, she is, deeply. But everytime she thinks that, Alexis' face pops inside her head. She wants to honor her. So that's exactly what she's going to do. First thing in moving on, is wanting to forgive. 'Fine, let's give it a try.' Tanya thought.

Letting out a deep sigh, Tanya nodded and sat across the board. Erwin had a smile of his small accomplishment. Though it still pains him everytime he sees her eyepatch, and the stitches caused by his lack of trust on her.

"Are you gonna move?" Tanya asked with a blank tone, Erwin then realized he was playing white and was the first one to play.

"Right," He then gains his composure and moved his pawn. The truth is Erwin doesn't really care about the game, he only wants an opportunity to talk to her. They're a few days away from taking back wall Maria and frankly, anything can go wrong. The least thing he wants to do is to make it up to her before something bad happens.

"I know you're probably tired of hearing this, but, I'm sorry. You know, for everything" He said while Tanya moved her pawn, it was his move once again. She kept her gaze focused in the board.

"That's not gonna change anything, I am aware of that. I'm sure just by being here is also a challenge for you, after everything that happened." Erwin made a defensive move as their game starts to enter the middle ground.

Tanya couldn't help but to be affected by his words, they were all true, and somehow she felt light that he knew she felt that way. She felt that her feeling were acknowledged.